Talk

Advanced search

Should I go for the kate moss fringe?

(23 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Sun 20-Jul-08 20:47:45

I am having my hair cut (and highlights re-done) in a weeks time and fancied something different...

Like this:
www.boston.com/yourlife/home/stylephile/katemossthesexy.jpg

but for me (picture of profile)

Please be honest!

(but I am thinking if it looks silly I will be able to grow it out in like 5mins)

I am 30, would it make me look more 'mature'? (As in, I will never look like Ms Moss in this hairstyle and perhaps it could have a negative effect?)

iMum Sun 20-Jul-08 20:50:07

God she looks rough in that pic!

Not sure I would, as I think she only gets away with it cos she is kate moss.

But as you say it would grow out quickly.

Legoleia Sun 20-Jul-08 20:50:22

I think you are a beauty, and that it is a nice style, and the fringe is longish so if you hate it you can always sweep it over to one side, or disguise it until it's longer....

don't forget to post the "after" pic!

Legoleia Sun 20-Jul-08 20:51:02

You could get a less-heavy version done if you weren't sure....

Jazzicatz Sun 20-Jul-08 20:52:00

Think it would modernize your current cut - go for it!

lunavix Sun 20-Jul-08 20:53:57

I like it enough to ask friend if I could pull it off lol

incidentally she liked it too

we are mid-twenties.

StellaWasADiver Sun 20-Jul-08 20:57:15

I wouldn't have it quite that long, it will annoy the hell out of you. You are extremely pretty and look very young. KM looks like shit

MrsTiddles Sun 20-Jul-08 20:59:15

yes it would suit you as you have the right kind of hair and hairline - i.e. your hair grows flat not up at the front (I've got some kind of widows peak going on and fringes stick right up!)

also as your hair is straight it would be easy to grow out if you decide to.

it would look good I think, just not so long in your eyes as she has it!

Jewelsandgems Sun 20-Jul-08 21:18:29

Thanks for lovely kind comments legoleia and Stella big for you both!

yes, the always-in-my-eyes would annoy me too but is good that I can sweep to side and grow out if need be.

I do feel like my style needs updating as I've had it like this for a while. [Just don;t want to look 'muttany' and too try hard] blush

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 20-Jul-08 21:20:12

you look very lovely without at fringe - I think Kate Moss looks pretty awful with that fringe btw (am not a fan of her anyway) - am not keen on them

FluffyMummy123 Sun 20-Jul-08 21:20:32

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Sun 20-Jul-08 21:21:56

Message withdrawn

Jewelsandgems Sun 20-Jul-08 21:27:36

for you too maryann!

yy to getting the fringe icod? Or, yy to leave it as is? [or yy to I will look too muttany and try hard?!!]

you know that's the thing, having it done and wishing I hadn't have, or not having it done and seeing others wth it, and wishing I had! (grass is always greener and all that....especially in the land of haircuts it seems..)

GivePeasAChance Sun 20-Jul-08 21:31:32

I had exactly your hair for 10 years plus and had 'KM' fringe last year and love it. Bit more maintenance, but worth it.

sarah293 Sun 20-Jul-08 21:41:15

Message withdrawn

Niceychops Mon 21-Jul-08 07:56:09

I think you could definitely carry it off but your hair looks fab as it is! <bitter envy frizzbomb emoticon>

Lola234 Mon 21-Jul-08 12:36:44

it would depend pn your face shape...

Karathraceandherspecialdestiny Mon 21-Jul-08 12:39:40

I think it would update your current haircut (your hair looks lovely but a bit girl next door). It would totally suit your face shape. I think KM looks great in that pic though.

preggersplayspop Mon 21-Jul-08 12:49:47

I think your hair looks really good in your pic. Kate Moss has grown hers out now hasn's she? Thingy (Ronnie?) off Eastenders has a similar hairstyle, maybe look at hers as well to see if you still like it without the KM face attached!

I think it would suit you, but does your hair stay straight easily? The fringe could go wonky if you have a kink in it.

Jewelsandgems Tue 22-Jul-08 13:13:07

Good idea preggers re Ronnie off eastenders!

Thanks for all your responses and I have found them all very helpful. I am going to go for the fringe, as as quite a few of you rightly said hair looks ok now, but may be time for a more up to date cut.

Am booking it for the weekend after next so hopefully you won't see a thread from me about how silly I look on my new fringe lol.

everlong Tue 22-Jul-08 19:38:42

You are very pretty and would look fab with a fringe too.

Go for it. I recently had a fringe and my dh says how cute I look blush

everlong Tue 22-Jul-08 19:40:38

Oh and you are still young enough to pull this look of by far.

30 is a baby.

HaventSleptForAYear Thu 24-Jul-08 15:34:40

I recently asked for advice about this and went for it.

Am really pleased with it - LOADS of people noticed (in a good way - like my students! blush). Only one not keen/not bothered is DH.

I was worried about maintenance, but as suggested by someone on here, asked my hairdresser and he has done it twice now for free when it was getting in my eyes.

Also, tip from here, if you don't wash your hair every day, you can just wash the front/fringe and quickly blow-dry it.

My hair is very fine and I used to clip it up on 2nd day, now I can leave it 3 days with just re-washing the front.

Want to see after pics - you are v. pretty and will definitely not look muttony.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now