Talk

Advanced search

Would you have your hair cut short.....

(12 Posts)
greeneyedgirl Sun 20-Jul-08 20:02:22

...just to get rid of split ends? My hair is fairly short now, is bob length. But just can't seem to get rid of them, I use conditioning treatments, have stopped straightening my hair, I blow-dry on medium heat, I don't know what else to do!!!!

Nobody seems to think my hair is that bad...but I can see the ends and it's annoying me, I will never be able to have long hair again! I have fine hair, so this maybe be the problem, any ideas???

cluckyagain Sun 20-Jul-08 20:03:59

Yes - I had to do it too and then spent a year or so (had long hair!) having regular (every 3 months) trims to grow the hair but still remove the ends. It worked a treat...go for it.

Stargazing Sun 20-Jul-08 20:08:09

ooooh .. tough call. I would be petrified.

Gobbledigook Sun 20-Jul-08 20:08:09

NO!

I have nightmares about my hair being cut off - nope, I like it long.

greeneyedgirl Sun 20-Jul-08 20:58:59

Thing is, I grew mine out from cropped and is still split, I have it trimmed around every 8 weeks or so!! Am I just destined to have shite hair?

MrsTiddles Sun 20-Jul-08 21:01:06

sounds like your hair is quite fragile, do you do home treatments like deep conditioning ever? it might help maintain the hair after a trim.

beansprout Sun 20-Jul-08 21:02:53

I've always been told that cutting them off is the only way to deal with split ends. Worth it in the long run?

Jewelsandgems Sun 20-Jul-08 21:04:44

I would be scared of going for the chop, but some people look amazing with short hair (can't see picture of you so cannot comment!).

Regarding your ends, have you thought of taking a hair health supplement? Can't remember the name, but there is a specific vitamin/mineral/ingredient/protein that is really really good for hair and I think it is usually included in those beauty supplements E.G perfectil etc

ranting Sun 20-Jul-08 21:08:37

No, I look dreadful with short hair, which is a shame as I really admire those women with short hair, they look great. But when I try it my hair just refuses to behave, so Mary Quant blunt bob, it is.

Have you tried sebastian potion no 9? IME it is the only stuff that works on crispy dried hair.

greeneyedgirl Sun 20-Jul-08 21:38:01

Thanks for all your advice. The thing is, my hair doesn't feel dry (or crispy lol) at all, is very soft and seems to be fairly shiny, it's just that I have tonnes of split ends. I have asked hairdressers what they think and they say that I cannot do much more than I am doing. It's starting to depress me now!

dairymoo Mon 21-Jul-08 08:45:49

Cut it short! I cropped mine off a few months ago (as it sounded just like yours - v fine, fairly soft just vvvv damaged) and it was the BEST thing I've done. Short hair is great if you can pull it off, and if you've had it short before then I'm assuming you can. Go for it smile

booge Mon 21-Jul-08 08:47:21

I love having short hair, it's just so easy. Go for it if it suits you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now