Talk

Advanced search

Dp HATES my flip flops.......What could I buy instead that are comfortable but attractive?

(52 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Fri 18-Jul-08 19:27:25

Ideally I need a cheap pair of shoes that I can wear with jeans or skirts run round after the kids with etc

Btw I usually tell dp to sod off and i'll wear what I want etc but he's seriously going off me apparently and as we have only just got engaged I think it might be nice to give him a treat smile

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Summerfruit Fri 18-Jul-08 19:30:03

Birkenstok are nice, I think, I got a pink pair and they are very confortable !

maidamess Fri 18-Jul-08 19:31:34

I assume you've tried Birkenstocks?

maidamess Fri 18-Jul-08 19:31:57

X post summerfruit,I'm too slow.

LoveMyGirls Fri 18-Jul-08 19:32:03

Do they make noises like flip flops dp wants to know?

I have got a couple of pairs of sandals but they're not very comfy.

Thius is my problem I think anything that looks ncie doesn't feel nice and I'd rather be comfortable than look good and I'm only 26!

PixelHerder Fri 18-Jul-08 19:32:25

is it all flip flops or do you have a particularly grim pair? If it's all flip flops I think HIBU ! (you could always threaten to get a nice pair of Crocs wink )

maidamess Fri 18-Jul-08 19:33:00

Ohh, its the noise that bugs him. Has he tried earplugs?

Summerfruit Fri 18-Jul-08 19:34:17

it's cool, you find them in every color and they are so confortable..trust me, I was doubtful, but I got won over..so nice, I live in them now !...and I'm only 29 smile

Summerfruit Fri 18-Jul-08 19:34:52

and it doesnt make noises !

LoveMyGirls Fri 18-Jul-08 19:37:50

Do you know where I can buy these birkenstocks from? Dp says buying over the internet is a bad idea, I think he's probably right grin

PH - I wouldn't say they are grim, well they are very plain they were £2 from asda so I don't think I can complain.

maidamess Fri 18-Jul-08 19:39:03

I say ,stop listening to dp and do what you jolly well want grin

snooks Fri 18-Jul-08 19:39:24

hmmm, men eh? I was looking for some easy to wear skirts in the boden sale the other day and dh picked out a tightish pencil skirt.

yes, i said, that'll look great when i'm chasing the dc at toddler group and pushing the pram uphill across the field to the park...

my birkenstocks don't make that flip-flop sound (but aren't exactly the height of sexiness either lol, but hey, who cares?)

Summerfruit Fri 18-Jul-08 19:39:40

I bought mine from internet and it came fine, office shoes website !

maidamess Fri 18-Jul-08 19:40:50

snooks, your dh picks clothes out for you? You were shopping for clothes together? Oh my giddy aunt.....!

snooks Fri 18-Jul-08 19:41:49

yes, you can buy birkenstocks from several high st shoe shops now i think.... sorry, can't think of any cos hardly ever go shopping these days! wink

Mawma Fri 18-Jul-08 19:43:17

Next are doing their capri flip flop crocs half price, very comfortable

snooks Fri 18-Jul-08 19:43:42

maidamess oh god no, he just happened to look over my shoulder because i'd been on the internet so long and his eye was drawn immediately to the sexy pencil-skirt wearing lady (wonder why)

LoveMyGirls Fri 18-Jul-08 19:43:42

It's not because I don't think they will come (although the books I ordered 2 weeks ago for dd1 are starting to make me sceptical!) it's more because i like to try things on and I'm not sure what size I am (sometimes 6, sometimes a 7)

LoveMyGirls Fri 18-Jul-08 19:45:27

What about ballet type shoes? Are there any nice cheap comfortable ones out there?

Blu Fri 18-Jul-08 19:46:23

Birkies are NOT cheap though, and must be tried on - some people find them v uncomfortable.

Look 0 if it's cheap slop around shoes, just wear what you like. It will take more than a pair of flip flops to make him seriously go off you! And if not, well, you know the rest!

maidamess Fri 18-Jul-08 19:46:32

Oh snooks, I see, I thought he was rummaging through a rail of clothes looking for things for you! Dodgy.....

maidamess Fri 18-Jul-08 19:47:06

M&S do some nice ballet shoes but buyer beware, they make your feet PONK

LoveMyGirls Fri 18-Jul-08 19:49:20

Blu - I know and he won't actually go off me but I'm in the mood to please him, if he's happy I'm happy and if i get more shoes out of it then everyone is a winner grin I only brought the flip flops because I couldn't wear my trainers all the time in summer with a skirt and they were very cheap.

snooks Fri 18-Jul-08 19:51:37

maidamess he did actually come home one day this week with a top for me from h&m, it was pretty hideous, bright pink, far too small and thin cheap fabric.... i acted really grateful though grin poor man took it back the next day.

lovemygirls, you can always return shoes remember - i do loads of internet shopping these days. my feet are always size 6 (39) and are quite clownish, wide and hobbity - but my birks are always size 5 (38) if that helps you.

LoveMyGirls Fri 18-Jul-08 19:53:04

what about something like these?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now