Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

STATIC!!!

(8 Posts)
LisaLessLumpy Fri 18-Jul-08 10:58:56

How do you get rid of it hmm The silk dress I have just bought (other thread) came today, I have just tried it on and the bloody thing is full of static and just clings to me in a very unflattering way. I have tried an underskirt but it still clings to that. Anyone have any miracle ideas?

MrsBadger Fri 18-Jul-08 11:11:33

hairspray legs

LisaLessLumpy Fri 18-Jul-08 11:13:08

hairspray!! really? well I never

Don't your legs feel horrible then though?

MrsBadger Fri 18-Jul-08 11:24:03

have only ever done it over tights

moisturise your legs?

LisaLessLumpy Sun 20-Jul-08 09:33:08

Anyone else have any ideas?

lizandlulu Sun 20-Jul-08 20:26:53

i have this exact problem! got a dress from monsoon and it makes static straight away. someone told me about hairspray but i didnt know if to spray the dress or my legs!

Lovingthepink Sun 20-Jul-08 20:35:14

I know of two options, you can either put it in the tumble dryer on low heat with a bounce sheet for a short while. Or hairspray the underneath of the skirt and leave it to hang. (never heard of putting the hairspray on your legs!!)

LisaLessLumpy Sun 20-Jul-08 20:52:10

Thanks, I will try both of those options. Will buy some hairspray when I next do my shopping

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: