Talk

Advanced search

how is you body after baby??

(46 Posts)
mamachat Thu 17-Jul-08 22:13:00

Mine is same size as before, i actually weigh less now. Not in bad shape apart from streach marks even on bum and legs.

But my belly has a pouch now, really need a tummy tuck but dont know if i would go through with it even if i did have the money...

My dd is 1 so dont think things will improve much more i hatemy flabby belly, please tell me you all hae those too???

Jewelsandgems Thu 17-Jul-08 22:19:32

Mine is fine when I am standing up! But, yes, when I sit there is a definate excess of skin situation. blush

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 22:24:15

mine isn't bad - I had a weirdly small bump despite dd being normal-sized
but tis def not as flat as it used to be

YumeeMumee Thu 17-Jul-08 22:27:53

Mine is up and down....it depends on whether we've met up with our NCT group for coffee and cakes wink

I'm not quite what I was before which is shocking as I do so much more walking now but tend to eat a lot of junk on the go.

No stretch marks [yahoo :-)] but do have a flabby belly...any weight gain does go towards a spare tyre!!

Pannacotta Thu 17-Jul-08 22:28:03

Mine was fine after DS1, was back into size 10 after a few weeks.
But after DS2 I still have no waist and plenty of jelly belly, which is a bit depressing given he is 14 months.
Is hard to find clothes to fit size 12 top, size 14 waist and size 10 hips...

katiebatey Thu 17-Jul-08 22:30:01

weigh less, more squashy tho grin

LaDiDaDi Thu 17-Jul-08 22:32:48

Just the same tbh, slightly thicker around the tummy perhaps but that's just come on in the past 6 months and dd is now 2 so I can't really blame her!

ButterflyMcQueen Thu 17-Jul-08 22:34:07

disgusting

but then baby 3 days old so hopefully it wll change!

MadBadandDangeroustoKnow Thu 17-Jul-08 22:34:29

My stomach muscles were always feeble and being yanked apart for an emergency c-section was probably the last straw! Now have appalling muffin top but good upper body strength from the years of lifting and buggy-pushing!

Cicatrice Thu 17-Jul-08 22:35:27

Same weight as before, but much softer on the tum. Not been able to exercise properly so that is likely to remain until my SPD is sorted.

piratecat Thu 17-Jul-08 22:35:42

stretch marks

tits are fine

about half a stone bigger than b4.

she is 6 tho!!

difficult delivery, tears, and 2nd/3rd degree tear. so not good.

not bad overall in comparison, but am now on myown so fear what any new man wuold think.

piratecat Thu 17-Jul-08 22:36:05

ditto spd sad

cafebistro Thu 17-Jul-08 22:38:48

After my 1st i went straight back to size 10/12, a slightly different shape though, hard to describe. After number 2 I have a complete jelly belly, thick around the middle...i like to think it will go back but i think it would take a lot of effort on my part...maybe next week grin

ratbunny Thu 17-Jul-08 22:41:38

I seem to have lost my bum - my trousers keep falling down now. or perhaps I have gained a waist hmm
I weigh the same, and am roughly the same size (bar trousers falling down), but my norks. well, they are somewhere near my bellybutton . They used to be near my armpits. sad

mamachat Thu 17-Jul-08 22:49:18

m belly sounds much worsethan ever1 else, i have way too much loose skin, dd was 9.9lbs...

what can i do about this belly??

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 22:53:28

control pants

mamachat Thu 17-Jul-08 23:01:20

i have gt them but they wont help when i'm naked

mamachat Thu 17-Jul-08 23:01:21

i have gt them but they wont help when i'm naked

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 23:03:23

more flattering lighting in the bedroom?

mamachat Thu 17-Jul-08 23:04:53

well dp is not complaining its just me that hates it...

Tommy Thu 17-Jul-08 23:07:25

lots of stretch marks sad and a tummy that looks like a bowl of dough that someone has poked their finger into... sad sad

Have finished with babies now though so perhaps I should start doing some sit-ups or something... hmm

Countingthegreyhairs Thu 17-Jul-08 23:18:34

tum went back in immediately after birth + 2 years whilst I was walking and pushing a buggy around

BUT then went podgy again once dd too big for pushchair and we sauntered everywhere or used car -

norks went a bit south but that's age too I think

have no stretch marks but that's a mixed blessing if your actual skin is stretchy ifyswim

frankly my entire bod is different but without sounding too saccharine small price to pay for dd

+ if I laid off the chocolate muffins and red wine I'd be about 10kg lighter ....

Countingthegreyhairs Thu 17-Jul-08 23:19:07

I bet you regret asking now I've written an essay grin

LisaLessLumpy Fri 18-Jul-08 07:31:13

After my first who was 8lb 3oz, when I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight my tummy was flat, no stretch marks. 3 years later after an 8lb 11oz boy by emergency c-section, I only have a few small stretchmarks right under where the bump was but even though I am now the exact same weight as after the 1st, I now have a huge jelly belly still hmm I think a tummy tuck may be the order of the day at some point. I am going to try and lose some more weight first and see what happens.

Countingthegreyhairs Fri 18-Jul-08 08:33:37

I'll join you in the diet LisaLumpy ....

Forgot to say that I went up half a shoe size as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now