Talk

Advanced search

Red hair?

(11 Posts)
OurHamsterisevil Wed 16-Jul-08 10:58:24

I have dark brown hair and wouldlike to go a quite vibrant red. I'm assuming I'll need the colour stripped from my hair to get a vibrant colour. Does anybody have any experience of this?

OurHamsterisevil Wed 16-Jul-08 11:25:36

bump

hopefully Wed 16-Jul-08 12:42:30

I don't think they'd need to strip it too much - mine's very dark brown and I've had it dyed fairly red.

I had chunks of mine died literally pillar box red once, and they had to bleach it within an inch of its life first. Saying that, I was just careful about always conditioning it, and it only really lost condition when it was growing out (ie hair about level with boobs). Have also had less extreme reds, with no prior bleaching (although there was amonia etc in the dye), and had a similar thing - condition not affected until it got a lot longer.

OurHamsterisevil Wed 16-Jul-08 12:50:52

Thanks hopefully. I will speak to the hairdresser. I' a bit concerned as to how much it will cost too

cathycheeks Wed 16-Jul-08 17:31:38

Why don't you try a henna block from lush they do a bright vibrant red then it will fade if you get sick of it or dont like it. If you do like then you can keep using a couple of squares every 6-8 weeks be warned tho' it is very messy but gives a lovley shine
I use the caca marron and leave it on all day if I can.
Sorry dont have any experience of having it dyed at the hairdressers

OurHamsterisevil Wed 16-Jul-08 22:02:10

That sounds interesting Cathycheeks. I didn't know Lush did that kind of stuff. I'll maybe try that. Certainly cheaper than the hairdresser

raspberrytart Fri 18-Jul-08 21:05:40

Good Luck

raspberrytart Fri 18-Jul-08 21:06:28

(Was cathy cheeks)

OurHamsterisevil Sat 19-Jul-08 14:15:17

Like your new name raspberrytart. grin

seb1 Sat 19-Jul-08 17:13:32

I use the same as cathycheeks lush henna

raspberrytart Mon 21-Jul-08 09:26:56

Thanks- got a glut of rasps in the garden so I made one! was yum.
I did my hair with 2 squares of the cacca marron on Sat left it on 7 hours and tbh didnt do that much-am redhead but is nice and shiny gonna do the full block next time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now