Talk

Advanced search

Outfit for a family funeral next week: any ideas please....

(6 Posts)
Smittals Tue 15-Jul-08 13:04:31

All I have that fits is a black suit jacket (single lapel, quite fitted, hip length). Seem to be finding that everything black is either evening style or very frilly/summery. Plus have very little time -it's middle of next week. If you can please give me some inspiration I would be so grateful thanks. I was hoping for a skirt or dress as have 2 pairs of black trousers already (too tight post-DD, pre-diet!)

Shooflypie Tue 15-Jul-08 15:51:18

Smittals, are you sure you need to wear 100% black? I've had to go to a few funerals recently - sadly - and people wore smart clothes but a variety of colours, not necessarily dark. I wore a very simple outfit: pale linen trousers and jacket and a white top underneath.
Do you have a dress that would work with your jacket, that's not black?
(It's very personal, I know, but I think it's quite nice to wear something that celebrates the person + feels lighter/brighter IYKWIM?)

Smittals Wed 16-Jul-08 11:14:58

I would love to wear something lighter as it is for dear MIL and would like to celebrate her 'cheerfully'. However, it's a big Catholic mass with lots of her very traditional family and I don't want to cause any offence. I was stressing too much about this yesterday - I'm sure I'll find something out there, even if it's just a black 'work skirt' or something. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Lola234 Wed 16-Jul-08 12:51:29

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/Artistic-Dress-by-Malene-Birger?sc=2&category=10

what about something like that? wouldn't be revealing but would still be something you could wear on a later date...

melpomene Wed 16-Jul-08 12:54:07

That dress is quite sheer though - you can see the mannequin's legs trhough it.

dexter73 Fri 18-Jul-08 16:04:18

This is a good bargain at the moment and will be great for work/parties after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now