Talk

Advanced search

I don't belong here really <quiver>...please help me find an outfit

(7 Posts)
Washersaurus Mon 14-Jul-08 23:28:40

I have been invited to a very casual wedding, but I don't get out much and haven't shopped for new clothes for years. I would love to have something smart/pretty to wear, but have very limited budget.

I am size 10, 5ft8. The only part of me I really don't like showing is my chunky calves.

Can you help me find something... a dress, a skirt, a suit or something?

serin Mon 14-Jul-08 23:47:05

You are 5ft8 and a size 10??

You will look fab in anything!!

The sale is on in Monsoon.smile

Washersaurus Mon 14-Jul-08 23:49:27

I have never found anything that fits properly in Monsoon - the sizes are too big shock

I do like their clothes though, I will take a peek at the sale.

Washersaurus Mon 14-Jul-08 23:59:32

Someone please come and help me. I want something to cover my calves, and the long monsoon dresses all look a bit too dressy for what I need.

I mean I don't want to wear a dress like the bride's wink

dexter73 Tue 15-Jul-08 07:33:56

White Stuff have some pretty dresses that are quite casual.

Flier Tue 15-Jul-08 07:39:23

I'm the same size and height as you, although pear shaped and I find the monsoon sizes fine just now. If you can get yourself along to the sale, they have alot more instore than they do online.

Do what I did - try a style on that you would normally not even look twice at, or shy away from.

Debenhams also have loads to choose from just now.

Washersaurus Tue 15-Jul-08 20:22:02

Thank you all, I think I will take a look in Monsoon and Debenhams to see what I can find.

I really struggle when buying skirts and dresses as I like them really long, as I have fat knees and the the calves of a footballer blush

What I really need is a fitted dress with a rounded type neckline, cap or 3/4 length sleeves, and which is long enough to almost reach the floor...oh and something that doesn't make my bum look too big wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now