Talk

Advanced search

Per Una, terrible terrible clothes

(47 Posts)
fizzbuzz Sat 12-Jul-08 21:42:25

Walked through it today, God, it's awful. No one was in it. Some of those clothes are criminal. Who buys them ffs?

lovely

nowwearefour Sat 12-Jul-08 21:44:08

i have bought quite a lot of their stuff in the past and quite liked it! havent seen it recently but i am guessing my styles and yours are prob quite different!

davidtennantsmistress Sat 12-Jul-08 21:45:22

actually there was a nice green top i saw the other day from there but i couldn't justify the expense.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 12-Jul-08 21:45:38

oh I quite like that one you've linked to blush

fizzbuzz Sat 12-Jul-08 21:46:53

Oh sorry blush

BirdyArms Sat 12-Jul-08 21:47:43

I agree it is all yuk. They take alright clothes then add unnecessary ribbons/ buttons/ embroidery ad nauseum until it looks like a dog's breakfast.

expatinscotland Sat 12-Jul-08 21:47:59

I don't know who buys them. Because I shop in Primark .

fizzbuzz Sat 12-Jul-08 21:49:46

It's the horribly crinkly fabrics that get me. All the t-shirts hav e knobbly bits on them

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 12-Jul-08 21:50:07

oh I wouldn't buy it at that price. I am wearing Primark jeans a primark vest top and H&M shirt (and crocs of course).

expatinscotland Sat 12-Jul-08 21:50:37

i got a jumper there once and it went all bobbly after just one wear.

i was pretty pissed off and never bought anything there again.

nowwearefour Sat 12-Jul-08 21:51:54

must admit a button did pop off my trousers last night but i thought that was o/a two main meals involving chips in one day!

berolina Sat 12-Jul-08 21:53:49

Saw a beautiful long linen coaty thing in there when in the UK recently. 75 farking pounds.

< at jimjams' 'and crocs of course'. Much the same here. I think it was actually you who told me (excruciatingly wide feet) about crocs>

Desiderata Sat 12-Jul-08 21:54:05

I've always loathed M&S clothes.

They're Dullsville, Arizona.

dinny Sat 12-Jul-08 21:55:21

yes, agree - so boring and fuddy-duddy

when they launched it, was supposed to be edgy wasn't it (Per Una)?

davidtennantsmistress Sat 12-Jul-08 21:55:23

from marks it's self I got 2 pairs of jeans for £20, both are still good wear them a lot, but wouldn't buy it usually tbh.

mine are H&M now tbh asda or tescos (i'd rather pay the extra at the mo for H&M thou) unless it's a real treat. Primark (our local one) seems to have no fashion at all in there it's all drab.

DontCallMeBaby Sat 12-Jul-08 21:57:29

Per Una were nice for a while - now they just make me laugh cos all I can think is 'wow, the MN fashionistas are right, they DO all have 23 fiddly little bits sewn on'.

Desiderata Sat 12-Jul-08 21:58:36

It's the charity shops for me! You can tell how things launder when you buy them second-hand!

waffletrees Sat 12-Jul-08 22:33:56

Per Una was nice when it first started but I think now you would have to be a pensioner who still thinks you are "with it" to carry it off.

tb73 Sat 12-Jul-08 23:44:30

I think Per Una is aimed at women in their 20s but worn by women in their 40's and 50's. They need to go back to the drawing board.

Monty100 Sun 13-Jul-08 00:18:55

Birdyarms, it's 'dinner' 'a dog's dinner' not 'breakfast.' wink

Agree with above was great at first and has gone downhill.

I'ts e-bay for me these days 'cos I'm skint.

Flibbertyjibbet Sun 13-Jul-08 00:32:10

Perooona ain't worn by this woman in her 40's!!!

Cheeky tb73 don't fob that over-twiddled frumptastic shite off on us mature ladies shock

I shop in Primark, h&m, charity shops and wallis (for work) I'll have you know!

Monty100 Sun 13-Jul-08 01:27:29

fj - well said.

Over 40's are beautiful people too.

Shop in your shops except wallis 'cos their clothes are always too long for me

alipiggie Sun 13-Jul-08 01:32:15

Ooh watch it, there's a lot of us over 40's on this site. I don't even have the option of M&S any more so don't know anything abou Per Una. I do have Target though My favorite store and currently a 50% of wholesale for the company I work for - so I wear their clothes. Literally perks of the job. But then I live in t-shirts, bra tops and capris/shorts in the summer.

thumbwitch Sun 13-Jul-08 01:34:40

I like some of their stuff but not much of it and it is all too expensive anyway. And when it's going to end up covered in babygob, what's the point? Charity shops and Tesco get my vote.

ninedragons Sun 13-Jul-08 01:38:16

Oooh Target!

Not every time, but quite often Target is fantastically well cut.

I have a few things from Target in Australia that people always ask where I got, and when I tell them we have that little "Target? Really? THE Target?" conversation you'll know so well, alipiggie.

Per Una always looks like someone has read one of those articles in magazines about being frugal by re-inventing your wardrobe by hot-glueing trims to your existing clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now