Talk

Advanced search

Where else other than Clarks can I get decent school shoes for DD (age 9)?

(12 Posts)
Redliquorice Sat 12-Jul-08 19:43:54

I have trawled around and can't find a pair that we both agree on!!

daffodill6 Sat 12-Jul-08 21:48:29

Depends on size and price bracket. Surprisingly my 9yo dd is begging me to buy her some for next term from M&S Size 4 - £18 - cheaper than Clarks by a long way, and very acceptable to me ie v low heel and good support.

SNoraWotzThat Sat 12-Jul-08 21:50:23

But the terms finish soon? Feet will grow in the summer weeks. Can't she wear something else for the last few weeks with a letter to the school to explain.

avenanap Sat 12-Jul-08 21:50:25

They have some lovely girls school shoes in Hobbs in the sale for about £15+. None for boys though envy

Orinoco Sat 12-Jul-08 21:57:10

Message withdrawn

daffodill6 Sat 12-Jul-08 22:13:36

10 at the end of the month but yes she's grown more in the last 18 months. Some of her friends are a 5 so I don't think she's unusual... welcome to shoe sharing!!
And unfortunatly she's another Imelda Marcos!

CurrantBM Sat 12-Jul-08 22:14:51

Russell and Bromley have really nice school shoes, we always go there for both DD's shoes.

pinkbubble Sat 12-Jul-08 22:22:19

I like Startrite, they are a bit more expensive than Clarks but actually fit my DDs feet better. Have to admit the last time I bought DD new shoes was last summer, so although they were dearer, they have actually lasted a whole school year! Much to DDs disgust. I have promised her a new pair for September!wink

stitch Sat 12-Jul-08 22:23:56

if you want width fittings, then i think clarks and startrite are your only options.
duo do boots with sizing for the calves, they may do school shoes, i dont know, yod have to google them

stitch Sat 12-Jul-08 22:25:21

they do, but more expensive. sale on now, and shoes about the 40 mark

Redliquorice Sat 12-Jul-08 23:07:40

Thanks for all your suggestions and sorry to confuse but I'm in Scotland where the schools have finished and are due back at the start of August. DD feet do usually grow quickly and I'm trying to be ahead of the game because I know this would happen!!

Redliquorice Sat 12-Jul-08 23:10:31

Oops, didn't mean to say that! What I did mean to say is that her feet DON'T grow quickly (oddly neither to my DS1 and DS2!!)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now