Talk

Advanced search

Next autumn collections - anyone had a look?

(16 Posts)
paddingtonbear1 Sat 12-Jul-08 09:44:42

I got an email that they were online, so I had a quick look. Doesn't look that inspiring really - maybe the stuff looks better in the catalogue...

paddingtonbear1 Sat 12-Jul-08 10:29:03

not sure it works properly yet actually...
I click on a category and it goes back to the summer one!
Looks like checks are still 'in' judging by the petite coats!

girlnextdoor Sat 12-Jul-08 19:58:22

yes- hopeless- I think they have ONE what I'd call Winter Coat- that is a smart coact in wool and it has horrible big patch pockets on the front.

OllieWollieWoo Sat 12-Jul-08 20:58:57

I've had a quick look - seemed to have a lot of short sleeved tshirts for an Autumn collection! Nothing really jumped out at me and said 'buy me now'! Kids clothes just seemed very samey as the last couple of years. Oh well.......!

SueW Sat 12-Jul-08 21:20:23

I like the green wrap top. My directory came today and it is on the second page - and in black too and will no doubt sell out given prominent position. It's a longer version of the one that's in the summer catalogue in pink.

However I plan to do surgery on it (and my pink one). The ties at the back irritate me no end so I am planning to open the side seams and make the wrap permanent by sewiing the overlapping fabric in.

fizzbuzz Sat 12-Jul-08 21:28:35

Pretty boring to me. Second that stuff about short sleeve tops. It's summer now and too bloody cold for short sleeve tops, so why would anyone wear them in Autumn? I know they are fashionable ATM though.

Kidswear v disappointing. My sil knows someone who works for Next at Head Office. Apparently they have had a real bollocking over poor sales, and have been told to get their act together. Can't say they've succeeded judging by current catalogue. It just looks same as last year...

5 or 6 years ago I thought Next were great. Now I think they are drab and boring.

wessexgirl Sat 12-Jul-08 21:30:49

Clothes dull, dull, dull.

Some nice shoes though; I'm considering these.

fizzbuzz Sat 12-Jul-08 21:33:37

Yes, I though shoes OK.

RipMacWinkle Sat 12-Jul-08 22:01:16

I too used to love Next and still buy some things from there as their petite lengths sometimes suit me.

BUT you can see at a glance that some of the stuff is instantly "destined for sale". As I said to DH the other day, we may be petite but we're not 80. There are some horrible, horrible things in there.

It seems to go from completely bland things to over the top patterned.

Sorry for the rant grin

girlnextdoor Sat 12-Jul-08 23:21:01

I think Next has changed over the years- for the worse.

It seems they only offer very young stuff with motifs everwhere and jeans that are no good for anyone with a slight muffin- and I am a size 10 FGS- or polyester suits and skirts.

I pick up the odd item, but not much. Too much man-made fibre.

Now prefer Kew, Jigsaw and even Boden.

All the lovely interesting knitwear that was their hallmark 20 years back - age give away- has gone.

cheesesarnie Sat 12-Jul-08 23:22:08

im not impressed with there stuff any more.seems to only get worse.

fizzbuzz Sun 13-Jul-08 12:23:53

Yes, deffo too much muffin stuff. I thought their market was 20-45, but more like early 20's atm

Too gimmicky and fussy, needs to be simpler and cleaner. Casual wear looks like rag bag, and jeans too too fussy

paddingtonbear1 Mon 14-Jul-08 11:01:04

I have ordered a few things for work, and they said they were in stock. Only 1 item arrived this morning though!
Used to look through the catalogue and want loads of stuff, maybe 4-5 years ago. Not any more!

Lola234 Mon 14-Jul-08 12:36:50

Message deleted

MrsBadger Mon 14-Jul-08 12:43:56

only for dd

4 plain tops for £9 in passable colours

scattyspice Mon 14-Jul-08 12:56:41

I quite like it hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now