Talk

Advanced search

Got a fabulous pair of boots today...only one problem!

(8 Posts)
MrsThierryHenry Fri 11-Jul-08 22:14:35

here

(got em from ebay, MUCH cheaper than Cloggs if you're interested)

Only thing is, as soon as I pulled the zip down one of the tassles fell off. Now is it really worth returning them? I could easily fix it and do no damage. But is it the principle that counts?

Flier Sat 12-Jul-08 09:29:50

love the boots. depends how much cheaper you got them for - is it an ebay shop, so they may be able to replace?

cornsilk Sat 12-Jul-08 09:32:07

I got some similar flat doc marten ones from M and M sports. Tassles also fell off. I wasn't bothered though as I wear mine under jeans. Mine were also much cheaper than that!

castlesintheair Sat 12-Jul-08 09:35:30

This is always happening to me with boots and I never take them back because I can't be bothered. I probably should/would if I had more time. I just fix it myself. Happens with handbags too ... hmm

RusselBrussel Sat 12-Jul-08 09:38:39

I have similar but flat DM boots, and have come to the conclusion NOT to pull the zip up by the tassle. I think the tassle is just meant to be for decoration as upon closer inspection it is quite flimsy and does not look stong enough to be used as a zip pull...

Nice boots though!!

Can you fix the tassle back on yourself?

MrsThierryHenry Sun 13-Jul-08 21:42:05

Yeah, I can fix it on - think I'll just do that as it is too much hassle to send them back!

Re not pulling by tassle, Russel - yes! I learned that the hard way! grin

RusselBrussel Mon 14-Jul-08 08:17:27

Sorry, was not teaching you to suck eggs, honest smile
What I meant to say was that I learnt not to pull by the tassle as I have 3 tassles residing in my sewing box waiting to be glued back onto 3 boots....
(you'd thing I'd have learnt after the first tassle came off hmm)

MrsThierryHenry Tue 15-Jul-08 14:48:46

Russel - I didn't take any offence to what you said! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now