Talk

Advanced search

Need a new all in one powder/cream foundation - what do you recommend?

(15 Posts)
FossilSister Fri 11-Jul-08 18:34:10

Am too lazy to use liquid foundation and have always used Clinique all in one powder/cream foundation - used to be called City Base but they've changed it. I now find it too dry. Can anyone recommend a good one? Not too greasy tho. Normal skin (ish!) I love Vincent Longo but it's too expensive for every day. Anything similar?

2loudboys Fri 11-Jul-08 19:30:16

I was really impressed with Benefit's one, which is called something poncey like 'Some kinda Gorgeous'.

AllwaysDoingSomething Fri 11-Jul-08 20:22:49

I wouldn't use anyother foundation than Chanel. I use their Mat Lumiere liquid (ideal for oiler skin) they do a cream compact too. I know lots of MNers swear by the Vitalumiere (dryer skins) which comes in liquid and cream. Wel worth the £25, you won't be dissapointed.

FossilSister Fri 11-Jul-08 22:52:15

Thanks.

ZacharyQuack Sat 12-Jul-08 05:46:12

Bobbi Brown Moisturising Creme Foundation is lovely

mum2oandh Sat 12-Jul-08 06:01:54

philosophy supernatural is very good. its a mineral powder, but i've ot dry skin and you just don't know you're earing make-up. if you really want to you can mix it with moisuriser to make foundation or water to make concealer. really fab.

Cod Sat 12-Jul-08 07:20:02

Message withdrawn

FossilSister Sat 12-Jul-08 09:06:55

Am going shopping this am and will try the Benefit and the Bobbi Brown as I like their stuff. Thanks all.

thequietone Sat 12-Jul-08 09:15:29

I'd go for MAC Studio Fix.

chocolatespiders Sat 12-Jul-08 09:17:27

chanel double perfection is cream to powder finish... ideal for combination skin- i love it

chanel very good at giving a sample of all there foundations for you to try at home...

pinkspottywellies Sat 12-Jul-08 09:20:33

Virgin Vie one step face base is good.

purpleduck Sat 12-Jul-08 09:27:37

I just bought some Dream Mousse (L'Oreal...Maybelline..? <<<too lazy to go upstairs and look >>> ) from Boots. I am very impressed. I HATE most foundation as it feel really heavy.

I like this though.

noddyholder Sat 12-Jul-08 09:44:48

Powdery ones aer very ageing and cracked looking vitalumiere is good if you can afford it Clarins do a really natural one too but not sure of the name

blithedance Sun 13-Jul-08 22:13:02

Good thread! I also was a devotee of Clinique City Base, the "replacement" is just not in the same league. Have taken notes....

watsthestory Sun 13-Jul-08 22:14:50

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now