Talk

Advanced search

clothes with sleeves

(21 Posts)
dorathesnorer Fri 11-Jul-08 12:42:28

Can anyone help me find some cardies, t-shirts whatever anything with sleeves that can be worn in hot weather. I have very scarred arms and always look a freak wearing my thick cardies, heavy t-shirts and coat etc when it's hot and get so many comments on it but can't find anything in the shops!
Help please....!!!
xxx

Legoleia Fri 11-Jul-08 12:43:38

Full sleeves? will 3/4 do?

JackieNo Fri 11-Jul-08 12:43:57

Would semi-transparent be OK, or does it need to be completely opaque? How about linen shirts, maybe? What size are you?

JackieNo Fri 11-Jul-08 12:45:12

If 3/4 would be OK, maybe something like this?

JackieNo Fri 11-Jul-08 12:48:48

neutral colour?

JackieNo Fri 11-Jul-08 12:51:19

Loose linen shirt?

MrsBadger Fri 11-Jul-08 12:52:22

Woven fabrics (like shirts) are cooler than knitted jersey tshirts.
look for beachwear things - floaty kaftans, tunics etc. Put a vest underneath if they're seethrough.

am off to lunch really but this this this kind of thing

susiemj Fri 11-Jul-08 12:53:02

Matalan have some quite good stuff ATM.

For example, this is quite nice. I'm tempted by a sort of african print kaftan they have - chiffon with a double layer so quite dressy but cool. It's not on the website but it's nice.

BTW all aympathy to you. I have rosacea on my arms and I hate it. It's murder trying to find things as I also have a sun allergy on my collar bone. You try finding high-necked, sleeved garments for the summer! Soemtimes I feel like just having a boiler suit and a bandage. grin

dorathesnorer Fri 11-Jul-08 13:19:43

Aaah thanks guys, didn't expect so many answers so quickly!!! Liking the Matalan top that would be my kind of style but I really do need full-length sleeves. I wear 3/4 ones sometimes but only when amongst friends/family and not when children are around as I can't answer their questions about my scars Would love some long sleeved yet cool things that could be worn everyday ya know for school pick-ups, when dd's have friends round etc...

dorathesnorer Fri 11-Jul-08 13:22:21

Sorry forgot to say am 12 - 14. Erm not too sure about semi-transparent might be ok my scarring is very visible though and also have a small tattoo that I did when I was 12 blush

MrsBadger Fri 11-Jul-08 13:36:53

trad longsleeved shirts or blouses are good too

semitransparent will be enough to deflect a casual glance

MrsBadger Fri 11-Jul-08 13:37:43

trad longsleeved shirts or blouses are good too

semitransparent will be enough to deflect a casual glance - even if people do see through the fabric they'll be less likely to comment

TheFallenMadonna Fri 11-Jul-08 13:42:40

I tend to wear long sleeved cotton shirts and tops when it's very sunny anyway because I burn very easily.

I like shirts and kaftan-style bluses because they're a bit looser than t shirts and therefore cooler.

Monsoon will probably have the kaftan-type tops.

TheFallenMadonna Fri 11-Jul-08 13:46:48

How about this? - or is that too boho-ish?

Similar feel

Or more tailored?

susiemj Fri 11-Jul-08 14:39:40

Quite a few long-sleeve tops in the Boden sale smile

dorathesnorer Fri 11-Jul-08 14:42:07

Ooh love the first Monsoon one - too expensive for me though! Will have a look through Monsoon as that seems to be my style.
x

dorathesnorer Fri 11-Jul-08 14:50:48

Thanks I've not looked at Boden before I quite like this one

TheFallenMadonna Fri 11-Jul-08 15:00:31

I have this one

JackieNo Fri 11-Jul-08 15:49:53

How about something like this or this?

susiemj Fri 11-Jul-08 20:18:59

this is pretty at La redoute

Lola234 Mon 14-Jul-08 17:23:42

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now