Talk

Advanced search

What make up do you use to achieve that glamorous natural look?

(16 Posts)
Lucewheel Fri 11-Jul-08 10:04:08

I am loving the natural look at the moment and am in the process of replacing my make up.
Any suggestions for some key products that I could get?

ZZMum Fri 11-Jul-08 13:37:40

I would totally recommend Bobi Brown for this -- the lipstick wheel has just enabled me to find the lipstick I have searched my life for -- exactly the right natural colour of my lips but just better...

Would go there pronto!

Lucewheel Fri 11-Jul-08 13:47:59

Thankyou ZZmum, I had not managed to find a lip product yet. Do you buy them online?

DonutMum Fri 11-Jul-08 17:47:19

Benefit all the way. They've a neutrals range depending on your colouring - think Lana is the fairest.

Tinkjon Fri 11-Jul-08 17:57:41

A lipgloss in a light pink or pinkish brown is my key for a natural look. it's far more natural than lipstick, to me. The best one I've found is a No.7 one - they do 2 pink ones and it's the one which isn't bright pink in the tube Benefit High Beam and Moon Beam are lovely, too.

MissingMyHeels Fri 11-Jul-08 18:03:02

Jane Iredale mineral face powder

Dior bronzer

I'm a Carmex/Vaseline girl for lips

Decent Mascara, good coverage with no lumps, I use Clarins

pokerstraight Fri 11-Jul-08 18:23:10

cream blusher and cream eyeshadow with no glittery/frosty/shimmery bits. light coloured lips make them look plumper. dark chocolate liner is more natural than black and it makes you look younger.

Scootergrrrl Fri 11-Jul-08 18:24:28

Juicy Tube in melon and Benefit Dandelion blusher (and mascara so as not to scare the children...)

DazedEmma Fri 11-Jul-08 18:31:14

Max Factor More Lashes - Brown if you have fair hair, Black if you're brunette

Cream Blusher, matte ones (NO sparkle!) choose the colour closest to the natural colour of your cheeks when you're cold

Carmex lip balm - just amazing and they have a new cherry one now

Find yourself a really good mosturiser for your face - as all skin is so different, no point suggesting one so just trial and error.

OllieWollieWoo Fri 11-Jul-08 19:29:50

I'm very pale but have just got a Clinique lipgloss (in apricot) and some eyeshadow - also apricot which are both lovely and v natural looking. Picked a non-scary assistant so I wouldn't get suckered into buying stuff I wouldn't use or like!

AllwaysDoingSomething Fri 11-Jul-08 20:29:57

Chanel lumiere foundation Vita or Matt depending on skin type, MAC blush (I use peachykeen) Loreal beauty tubes mascara (does not run or smudge) touch of eye liner and some gloss. Juicy Tubes/ MAC lip glass are good or Dire have some lovey shear lipsticks and Boots No7 sheer lipstick is also great for a light hint of clour with sheen.

VWLady Fri 11-Jul-08 22:47:09

I've gone through something of a 'sea change' this week - and have been thrilled with the results (and my purse is pleased too).
Using Nivea Visage Young tinted moisturiser really worked in, a flick over with Rimmel Natural Bronzer, and - this is the weird one - a flick (with lg brush) over my (closed) eyes with Rimmel Renew and Lift. A little eyeliner, some mascara and a flick of an old Dior lipstick. I am so pleased with the result.
BTW I am not Young, picked it up by mistake, I have dreadful threadveins on cheeks but this disguises them, and I apply my makeup at 8am at the kitchen window, so no soft lighting!

Lucewheel Sat 12-Jul-08 12:32:45

Thankyou ladies some great ideas.

I indulged on some Benefit Lemonaid and Dandelion powder last week and it is that which has inspired me to convert to the more natural look. I do have very fair skin so dont use any bronze type products on my face.

Haven't heard of the juicy tube lip stuff or the Jane Iredale mineral face powder so will have to investigate that.

Anyone use anything like a beauty balm?

Tinkjon Mon 14-Jul-08 12:10:05

Ooooh, Dandelion is lovely! I use it all the time - what do you think of the LemonAid? I've been thinking of getting some of that.

Lucewheel Mon 14-Jul-08 21:15:24

I love it. I prefer it to the touche eclat.
It really brightens my eyes up even when I have been up all night with my dc's.
I would recommend it.

Jewelsandgems Mon 14-Jul-08 22:10:14

I also think having good glowing dewy skin and finishing off eyebrows with just a touch of eyebrow pencil and can give a really beautiful look without any other make up. For glowing skin I mean tinted moistorisor, benetint, in summer non-glittery bronzer.

I do this sometimes when time is tight, and always get told I look fresh-faced and youthful. (the best one can expect on one of those days when 2 mins is the only allowed time for makeup)

Normal day when I have time I use eyeliner and mascara. Not a fan of lipsticks as I concentrate on my eyes, so keep lips toned down with just lip balm. Do love glosses for evening though, I use one called candyfloss from no7 and it tastes gorgeous too.

Do agree about bobbi brown stuff though, I was looking a buying one of their sets last weekend with gel eyeliner, blusher, an eye shadow and a gorgeous natural pink-brown lipstick and it all looked great - and now I am wishing I had have bought it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now