Talk

Advanced search

Argh, I'm growing a beard

(15 Posts)
AnotherBeardedLady Thu 10-Jul-08 22:33:16

Does electrolysis work?

Does laser treatment work?

How much does it cost?

How many sessions will it take to annhilate my unwelcome facial shrubbery?

Should I just cut my losses and join the circus?

Lubyloo Thu 10-Jul-08 22:36:02

I have just started laser treatment for my beard blush After just one treatment I can already see a difference. I paid £70 for my chin and upper lip and have been told I will need 3 or 4 treatments.

AnotherBeardedLady Thu 10-Jul-08 22:46:33

OOh, that's not as much as I was expecting it to cost actually. Does it hurt?

I live in the sticks so will probably have to travel to get laser treatment. Looks quicker and more effective though. Must say I've been trying to pluck up the courage to walk into local salon for years months now imagining hoards of smooth chinned young lovelies cooing over my stubble

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 22:48:32

I just pluck it. How bad is it? I would go the laser route if it was very noticable.

Lubyloo Thu 10-Jul-08 22:55:52

It didn't hurt but it really made me jump. It's feels like a little electric shock accompanied by the not so pleasant aroma of singed hair! I think I could get hooked on it though. I want to get my bikini line and underarms lasered too!

CasperGhost Thu 10-Jul-08 23:00:26

I canr believe i only cost that. I would love to have my full beard, (right down my neck) and bikini line done.
I think if I don't get my bikini line done before I am old, I will be the only resident in the old peoples home with a bikini line from my belly button to my Knees!!!!

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 23:02:01

Please don't touch your underarm hair. anywhere else is OK.

Lubyloo Thu 10-Jul-08 23:04:15

Why not underarm hair?

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 23:07:23

My sis is a nurse and there is concern that taking off underarm hair etc could be linked to breast cancer. This may be bollocks but it is a concern.

mybabysinthegarden Thu 10-Jul-08 23:10:26

I had laser somewhere a little more private (OK my tats) and although it kept it at bay when I was having it done (I think I had about 8 sessions total) it's all pretty much grown back since I stopped.

AnotherBeardedLady Thu 10-Jul-08 23:16:31

I thought it was meant to be permanent?
What about electrolysis? Is that not suppposed to nuke follicles completely?

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 23:17:12

tbh I think laser is a waste of money.

Lubyloo Thu 10-Jul-08 23:17:41

That's interesting Eve. I will look into that.

mybabysinthegarden Fri 11-Jul-08 00:11:20

I've never tried electrolysis (needles! boobs! aiyeeeeee!) but a friend who had it in the same, um, vicinity, said it was pretty much permanent.

manyhands Fri 11-Jul-08 07:55:50

I tried laser using the Chromolite kaser and it didn't work. I'm going to try the elipse laser and hope that will work. Trouble is you can only shave between treatments which I feel makes it look worse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now