Talk

Advanced search

VENEERS, ANYONE HAD THEM?

(14 Posts)
hifi Thu 10-Jul-08 20:37:59

does it hurt? any recommendations of a good dentist in london to do them?

widgypog Fri 11-Jul-08 08:18:38

my friend had them done (in west sussex) and they are great . I think she had about 6 top teeth done and it was about £2000. So may be worth you coming south abit to get them cheaper.

forevercleaning Fri 11-Jul-08 08:21:24

I had a quote for £4,500 and that is as far as it went!

Later I changed dentists and this one said it would be totally uneccesary and the former dentist was just trying to make a quick buck.

If you have nice straight teeth anyway they are not appropriate. I have chosen whitening instead for under £300.

My dentist said veneers are usually only for those with really bad decay or very crooked teeth.

lulu25 Fri 11-Jul-08 08:22:40

i had them on my two top front teeth (both very wonky, one broken). didn't hurt although they are more sensitive now.

fishie Fri 11-Jul-08 08:33:07

i know someone who had it done. he looks ridiculous, gigantic shiny choppers too big for his mouth. but i should think just the front two would look a lot better than having all of them done.

and i should think it does hurt, they are filing your teeth off! hopefully with pain relief though.

forevercleaning Fri 11-Jul-08 08:39:08

was that simon cowell fishie grin

fishie Fri 11-Jul-08 08:41:07

no, an estate agent grin

is lovely bloke but has major looks isshoooos.

Dragonbutter Fri 11-Jul-08 08:54:22

i had my front tooth done 10 years ago. it was discoloured since i was a kid and ran into a door being slammed by big brother. (not bitter)
The veneer was badly done and the dark tooth could still be seen at the top. I always felt a ridge along the bottom of the tooth where it met the veneer too.
In the end this is the part that broke off.
I think veneers these days will be better, my dentist was a village dentist with no competition and just wasn't very good.
So now i'm getting a crown fitted and also the rest of my teeth whitened.
Can't wait.
I've hated my teeth for years and now it's time to get it sorted out.

TheBlonde Fri 11-Jul-08 09:11:15

not had them but heard they only last 10 years so you might have to redo them a number of times

hifi Fri 11-Jul-08 13:40:24

thanks, i have tetracycline staining so cant have them bleached, perfectly good shape etc just yellow.i may go and have a counsultation and see what the say.

TheBlonde Fri 11-Jul-08 16:52:20

just don't get ones like these or Katie Price's

hifi Fri 11-Jul-08 17:32:05

ooh, just clicked and my laptop brayed liek a donkey, trojan detected!

TheBlonde Fri 11-Jul-08 17:38:52

shock

forevercleaning Fri 11-Jul-08 18:04:03

PMSL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now