Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a swimsuit

(8 Posts)
Servalan Wed 09-Jul-08 13:00:27

Trying to find a swimsuit at the moment, but it's proving harder than I thought. I've kinda let myself go and want something that won't make me feel too self-conscious

I've got a budget of £30 and would prefer not to go over this if pos.

This is the spec:

I'm 5'8" and size 14-16. Hourglass shape. Have big, baggy stomach that I really want to hide - ideally control. I don't have great legs - horrid and cellulitey.

I want a swimsuit that has proper cup sizes iyswim - cos norks need lots of support or they knock against my ankles blush. Need something that would come in a 36E cupsize

Not so keen on tankinis cos they have a tendancy to ride up when wet and expose aforementioed horrid stomach - so really would like an all in one.

I'm happy to go with patterns -but not animal prints or glitzy "footballers' wives" such prints, which seemed to be all they had in the M&S I visited the other day.

Any ideas gratefully received grin

janmoomoo Wed 09-Jul-08 13:47:08

George at Asda had some good tummy control ones the other day. John Lewis had some gor-jus ones but they were 50 quid plus!

aznerak Wed 09-Jul-08 17:06:48

Hi there

If you can up your budget to £35, then I have the perfect swimsuit for you as I have it myself!!

It is from M&S but no hideous prints - it is plain black. It has tummy control and lift for the norks.....

I didn't want to spend more than £30 either and tried on loads, but when I tried this one, I knew instantly it was the one to have.

It is very comfy and comes in proper cup sizes too, like a bra.

Have a look here and let me know what you think.

The model has of course perfect, pert norks, but I can assure you that I am a 36DD and it fits those with bigger boobies just as well!

If you enter FREEDELV at checkout, you get free delivery on orders over £30 too!

Good luck

bogie Wed 09-Jul-08 17:12:47

I got the most amazing swimsuit from tkmaxx I checked on the internet how much it costs and here it is ....store.businessestore.com/celebrityonair-1504/Product.aspx?ID=491898&DeptName=&ParentID=54921

It cost me £25 in tkmaxx and looks lovley and has a great underwired boob bit (i am 5'5 and a 14-16)
they had loads of the same make in simlar designs last week too.

Celery Wed 09-Jul-08 17:14:28

www.bravissimo.com/products/swimwear/swimsuits/ballet/control-swimsuits/bw02-details.aspx?colour=Cor al%2fBrown

sorry, can't do fancy links

Servalan Wed 09-Jul-08 18:25:23

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

That's given me some good leads. I'm especially liking the bravissimo one Celery. Loving the colour too.

(The M&S one is lovely aznerak - I would have loved it when I was younger and in better shape - I'm not sure I could carry off such a plunging neckline with confidence these days though grin).

Might be worth me looking in tkmaxx bogie - funny, I forgot about looking there! That swimsuit looks really flattering - though I suspect I'd need a real "cup size" to give myself proper support IYSWIM.

missblythe Wed 09-Jul-08 18:29:31

lovely colour here

bogie Thu 10-Jul-08 08:26:51

Servalan I would go and try one my boobs are a 38DD - 38E and they are fine in that suit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now