Talk

Advanced search

**CHEAP** FLY shoes! and can you still get crochet tights?

(21 Posts)
puppydavies Wed 09-Jul-08 09:54:20

cheapy cheap cheap fly wedges on amazon at the moment these in red and these in brown just threw themselves at me your honour blush

but i need summer tights to wear with them. my standby crochet ones finally gave up the ghost, i do all my shopping online so i don't know what's in the shops. can you still buy open lacy/crochet ones or is it all opaque colours? i can't find the right lacy ones online, i really want brown.

isaidno Wed 09-Jul-08 14:42:22

ooh I just ordered the red ones!!

don't know about crochet tights sorry!

SammyC Wed 09-Jul-08 14:46:40

The red have just jumped at me too, your honour!..........lets stick together and get our stories straight!

missblythe Wed 09-Jul-08 14:51:13

I'm fairly sure you'd find some in John Lewis, or another traditional department store, but there are also these online:

slightly seedy site

emo tights

seem normal

]]http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000XB LMC6/sr=1-5/qid=1215611424/ref=sr15/203-2011775-2600747?ie=UTF8&node=61442031&m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&key words=&mnSBrand=core&size=9&rh=&page= come in brown]]

missblythe Wed 09-Jul-08 14:51:52

last link should be this

Fimbo Wed 09-Jul-08 14:53:52

I like the first ones. Be careful when ordering with Amazon as my bank account was cloned last week and I am pretty certain my Amazon account was hacked to get at my bank details. I paid by debit card, its safer to pay by credit card.

Ladytophamhatt Wed 09-Jul-08 14:55:55

As Fly shoes go , those are both horrid.

sorry.

cornsilk Wed 09-Jul-08 15:04:08

Agree with lady topham hatt. I like fly shoes but they are fugly.

puppydavies Wed 09-Jul-08 16:20:13

hahaha luckily i have enough quirky personal style and panache to carry off librarian shoes in a why-miss-puppy-without-your glasses... kinda way :P

isaidno Wed 09-Jul-08 21:51:05

puppy - hopefully so do I!!
I love them - the shiny red reminds me of a pair of ahoes I had when I was 6.

puppydavies Wed 09-Jul-08 23:32:18

funnily enough the red ones are the image of some teeny docs dd1 had when she was about 2 that i've always wanted in my size.

thanks for the links missblythe - have finally had a chance to look at them. had a rofl at the seedy site and an even bigger rofl at "add to casket" on the goth site. loads of them are perfect but black and the brown ones aren't he kind of airy ones i'm after (i have them in black).

ah well, it looks as though as well as having appalling taste in shoes i'm also terminally unhip in hte hosiery department

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 10-Jul-08 11:25:54

ah shoot the red have sold out in my size - i LoVe 'em - good taste puppydavies grin

lucykate Thu 10-Jul-08 11:29:58

i like them, brill for the price!

lucykate Thu 10-Jul-08 11:38:47

what is the fit like on fly shoes?, i have quite narrow feet, would they be too wide?, i really like the t-bar style ones.

<<pushes librarian style glasses back on nose>>

meridian Thu 10-Jul-08 12:08:53

I think they are really cute.. if I haden't just bought some purple rocketdog ones I woul love the red pair.. obviously I would need some red tops to go with the shoes though..
I too am a wearer of librarian glasses... <tugs at purple cardi and touches springs of hair that have escaped from librarian bun>

grin

puppydavies Thu 10-Jul-08 12:17:20

teehee, i too have the bun and the glasses AND i used to work in a library. in fact who am i kidding, the geek-chic isn't even ironic grin

meridian Thu 10-Jul-08 13:39:59

pd- lol.. one of my friends used to work for a library in Texas... and I used to volunteer in the library at my junior high school...

I once tried for a job in a book store though.. but apparently I was too over qualified for the job.. hmm. i.e. I could actually read the books..

brimfull Thu 10-Jul-08 13:41:45

they look like childrens shoes

MamaG Thu 10-Jul-08 13:44:03

ugh they're horrible

toadette Thu 10-Jul-08 15:03:05

Thanks for link. I like them, would have loved the first pair in red but don't have my size...but have ordered the second ones in blue and another pair (Ciara ones scroll down here) at £17.49 in red/pink.

Debris Sun 13-Jul-08 21:16:29

Thank you ive got the red ones and love them.There were some brown crochet tights in the accessorize sale when I went yesterday reduced to £4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now