Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find some long lasting fashionable sunglasses!!

(42 Posts)
howmuchchoccanIeatb4iexplode Sat 05-Jul-08 20:58:19

Think my Tesco ones are getting a bit drab - embarrassing for my dds too grin

Am a bit mean so dont want to pay more than about £30 - especially as ds loves to yank them apart given half the chance.

Which ones are fashionable these days?!

whomovedmychocolate Sun 06-Jul-08 03:08:53

I got some really nice ones at Next for £20 - seriously, lots of different styles and you don't feel so bad when they get trashed if they aren't so expensive

howmuchchoccanIeatb4iexplode Mon 07-Jul-08 10:00:16

Thanks fellow choc eater!

macherie Mon 07-Jul-08 10:32:46

Accessorize have a good selection too

S1ur Mon 07-Jul-08 10:35:10

need some too. debenhams have sale on but stil £££

shhhh Mon 07-Jul-08 13:52:07

if anyone is interested I have x2 pair of gucci ones...one frameless with g logo on side in diamante and others are classic black frames...both rrp over £110 BUT looking to sell for £45 ono inc p&p..? wink. Bargin grin.!!

PrincessPeaHead Mon 07-Jul-08 13:53:01

I think top shop ones are excellent. v fashionable, pretty solid (I've had one pair for 2 years with no probs) and about 10 - 15quid

bargain

triffictits Mon 07-Jul-08 20:38:00

can you post a picture of them shhhhh?

shhhh Mon 07-Jul-08 21:51:28

here and the other pair are in the picture above them. Price above is each. smile

triffictits Mon 07-Jul-08 22:26:45

On the 2454 ones when i google they are all green! Have you a larger pic of them both?
And why are those ted baker shoes not a size 7? I want them grin

shhhh Tue 08-Jul-08 16:11:49

will try and take more now..I have had problems with pics of the sides etc as each arm has a little silver plate on them with gucci written on in small letters BUT the camera flash keeps bounding of it and blurring the pic iykiwm..(and I have no idea how to turn flash off.blush) Thats why I suggested googling them...The colour is a solid black. Lens are a black.
will be back grin

maidamess Tue 08-Jul-08 16:14:44

I get a pair each year, M&S black big and only £10. They last all summer, then I invariably lose them.

I don't see the point on spending a lot on something so fragile and...transient.

shhhh Tue 08-Jul-08 16:27:27

triffictits, try again..best I can do..

various views here

Bundle Tue 08-Jul-08 16:28:39

why long lasting? i always lose/break mine so never spend more than about £10 on them - usually from M&S who normally have some good of-the-season looks

triffictits Tue 08-Jul-08 20:33:08

i like those black ones shhh - I am very interested in buying those off you, but cant until payday (18th July) - if you still have them for sale then, let me know smile

thanks for doing the other photos.
And just to be an absolute pain in the arse, is there any chance you could photo the other ones you are selling? No rush though as i have no money until 18th!

usuallyelectra Tue 08-Jul-08 20:37:44

Jeepers Creepers are fashionable yet reasonably priced.

usuallyelectra Tue 08-Jul-08 20:39:29

Jeepers Peepers I meant !! grin

shhhh Tue 08-Jul-08 20:47:26

Triffic, no problem. I can hold onto them for you. I doubt there will be a sudden rush for them !
Which other ones do you want pics of..?

triffictits Tue 08-Jul-08 20:54:22

great, thanks shhhhh - the other ones were the frameless ones!

How many pairs have you got? grin

worrybum Tue 08-Jul-08 21:03:30

I got some fab Valentino sunglasses (current season) in T K max for £19.99- Bargain!

shhhh Tue 08-Jul-08 21:53:10

lol triffic.! Im a nightmare with sunglasses blush Esp designer ones...I usually buy to go on hols/while on hols with the intention to get prescription lenses in but forget and then can't be bothered..blush.

atm I have x2 gucci pairs and a v v v v cheap tesco pair for sale.
I do have other designer pair knocking about but not got my bum in gear to get them sold etc.!
lol just returned from hol where I bought yet another pair..blush Didn't want sunglasses but then changed my mind once away although must be learning somewhere as I ended up with a v cheap pair !

The gucci one that are frameless and with the "G" diamantes are shown on the picturetrail but think those are the best pics I can get.....God Im crap at taking pics blush.

Im more than willing to hold onto them for a week or so... x

triffictits Tue 08-Jul-08 22:23:23

lol at shhhh i am the same with shoes and am a sucker for designer sunglasses. When i get bored with them i give them my mum - she must be the trendiest pensioner around - driving around in her Chanel sunglasses smile

i cant really see the frameless ones - I wanted to see what they are like over the bridge - I am very fussy about that! If you cant get any pics, dont worry, I'll just wait till payday and keep looking at the others you've got!

shhhh Tue 08-Jul-08 22:38:38

Bless.! Chanel's are classic! My mum thinks she is trendy in her "pringle" ones..Bless grin.

I did have chanel glasses when I got married..rimless and with diamante's. Best glasses ever.

Right..will try and get more pics but have found this link here. These show them photographed better than I can although only difference being mine have the "G" logo in diamantes on one lens. hth. smile.

shhhh Tue 08-Jul-08 22:40:54

tt, just looked at your profile... we have the same taste lol!!! You have my recital bag lol!!!

mylovelymonster Tue 08-Jul-08 22:46:53

I got some from M&S for a fiver at the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now