Talk

Advanced search

Who is your STYLE ICON?

(23 Posts)
DazedEmma Fri 04-Jul-08 22:34:18

Mine is so weird... Jennifer Aniston. I know she's twice my age practically but I love her style, so casual and simple yet she looks so well dressed all the time...

Do any of you have a bizarre style icon, or even a usual one, what do you like about yours etc?

lazarou Fri 04-Jul-08 22:35:56

Sophie Ellis Bexter-she's so beautiful and always looks so glamorous
Her voice is lovely too-singing and speaking

Stargazing Fri 04-Jul-08 22:37:33

Nothing weird about Jen - she is fab.

Mine are probably Kate Winslet, Nicole Kidman, Elle MacPherson

WilfSell Fri 04-Jul-08 22:38:26

COD!

I think of her as that Susannah woman of breakfast news crossed with a tennis playing Miss Jean Brodie in Jean Muir.

wishfort Tue 08-Jul-08 09:34:46

Back in the day, certain of the costumes worn by Theresa Russell in "Bad Timing". Some of them are absolute shockers, but the tailored suits are fab.

I still like the film, too.

paddingtonbear1 Tue 08-Jul-08 11:33:35

I like Jennifer Aniston as well. She never looks like she's tried too hard. Mrs Beckham take note!!

PerkinWarbeck Tue 08-Jul-08 11:38:21

I love Diane Keaton as Annie Hall.

SheherazadetheGoat Tue 08-Jul-08 11:39:35

all of the pussy cat dolls, they are so classy

Mavornia Tue 08-Jul-08 11:59:52

I'm going to admit it's Doris Day
- not for today, I hasten to add! But I sometimes think I was born in the wrong age and I was meant for a time of delightful little suits with matching hats and gloves, beribboned nightgowns, swing jackets...

<creeps out wondering if she should have name-changed....>

discantus Tue 08-Jul-08 12:32:12

Cameron Diaz. Check out her film "the holiday", her outfits are to die for! I've even made notes on them and am attempting to put together similar looks.

chrysantheMum Tue 08-Jul-08 12:33:22

drew barrymore.

especially in charlies angels blush

MadamAnt Tue 08-Jul-08 12:34:13

Dita von Teese

claricebeansmum Tue 08-Jul-08 12:34:50

Audrey Hepburn

marmalady Tue 08-Jul-08 12:36:09

Cat deely- wears lovely dresses

FritziGreenEyes Tue 08-Jul-08 12:38:30

Mary-Louise Parker! Her outfits in Weeds are to die for. But I won't go as far as copying her style from Fried Green Tomatoes ...

DrNortherner Tue 08-Jul-08 12:40:30

I think Holly Willowby always looks lovely and Kelly Brook and my body shape is similar to theirs.

I love Fearn Cotton's style but could never pull it off.

Amandoh Tue 08-Jul-08 12:50:19

Another vote for Jennifer Aniston.

She tends to stick to black, white or muted shades and never looks over-accessorized. Occasionally I think she plays it a little too safe but it keeps her off the worst dressed lists so it's working.

I remember a photo of her in Grazia last year. She was getting out of a car in London and was wearing a white shirt, beige city shorts and raffia wedges. She looked so polished even though the outfit was simple.

Also, and I know she probably didn't get a lot of say in what she wore, I loved everything she wore in The Break Up.

MissingMyHeels Tue 08-Jul-08 12:54:02

I love Rachel Bilson, everything she wears I adore and she does casual and red carpet so well. Also love Anna Friels outfits in Pushing Daisies.

SpangleMaker Tue 08-Jul-08 13:19:23

Another vote for Dita von Teese

I sort of aspire to having an image somewhere on a spectrum between Dita and Nigella Lawson, but generally fail!

DazedEmma Tue 08-Jul-08 14:03:05

when you have these style icons, do any of you dress like them or do you just admire their looks?

Mavornia Tue 08-Jul-08 15:59:06

I agree Cameron Diaz looked wonderful in the Holiday - she really stood out

Figfingers Wed 09-Jul-08 14:26:29

uhmmmm

Dunno.. sometimes just a random stranger catches my eye.. I am always tempted to ask where they got their bag/shoes/top from but never do...

Most celebrities have an army of styliststs and it´s hard to get it wrong that way..

If I had to pick one it would be Nicole Richie..

She glows and wears super cute stuff.

Niceychops Thu 10-Jul-08 14:50:07

Rachel Bilson, Nicole Richie and the Olsens. All ten years younger than me, so I would look a daft old bat if I tried their looks...I just like looking at outfits that look 'put together', it's a bit of escapisim really. I wear jeans and t shirts every day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now