Talk

Advanced search

wedding outfit for a fatty!

(36 Posts)
danielsmumlor Sat 24-May-08 21:54:29

I need help finding an outfit to wear to a wedding. Not lost baby weight yet (had dieted down to size 16-18 before fell pregnant), am currently 20-22 blush. Still breastfeeding so boobs disproportionately huge! (but baby staying with granny, so dont need to 'get them out' on the day). Don't like big floaty things, prefer more fitted stuff, prefer colour to neutrals. Any ideas? Lor

littlelapin Sat 24-May-08 21:56:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JackieNo Sat 24-May-08 21:58:57

Is something like this too floaty? With a shrug, or cardigan on top if you're worried about arms?

littlelapin Sat 24-May-08 22:04:50

danielsmumlor Sat 24-May-08 22:06:19

Budget - the less the better but could go up to £150 incl shoes & stuff. Am 5' 3ish, I suppose hourglass (waist usually size smaller than rest of me so waistbands can be a nuisance). Not keen on long skirts - worn them for years but have realised I look like more of a short-arse in them! And yes arms not great, but scottish summer wedding so good chance a cardi or jacket will be required!

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 24-May-08 22:06:54

I need a wedding outfit for a 6 months pregnant fatty - much harder!

LL - that first dress you linked is only available in a size 8!

littlelapin Sat 24-May-08 22:08:25

JackieNo Sat 24-May-08 22:08:47

Fuchsia?
This? (poss too floaty, though fitted through body).
Not sure this is structured enough for your taste.

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 24-May-08 22:11:55

Sorry ll - was Jackie's first link that's a size 8.

JackieNo Sat 24-May-08 22:12:45

This in yellow or red?

littlelapin Sat 24-May-08 22:13:17

JackieNo Sat 24-May-08 22:13:54

(I know, CSWS - I figured it might be available in the shops, rather than online - I've noticed that there often seem to be more limited sizes online than in actual Monsoon shops, which seems to be the opposite to what you'd expecthmm).

JackieNo Sat 24-May-08 22:17:18

Not sure about this - it's not a great photo, but might work (minus the boots - but then again, if it's Scotland...grin).

danielsmumlor Sat 24-May-08 22:19:28

Best one so far is JackieNo's pink T&S one. Think belly too big for it though! Dont mind a wee bit of floatiness, just would like to avoid the classic fat-woman's big tent (like the Dawn French ones - she usually manages to look good but the ones she sells all seem to be tents). Thanks for all ideas so far. (would love the M&S ones for work if I was a bit slimmer - did enjoy the bowl of ice cream I just had though, so cant see that happening for a while!)

littlelapin Sat 24-May-08 22:19:36

JackieNo Sat 24-May-08 22:24:42

Yes - it was the red I was thinking of. YOu know that Boden does up to size 20 - might work?
Another red one?

littlelapin Sat 24-May-08 22:26:06

littlelapin Sat 24-May-08 22:27:25

danielsmumlor Sat 24-May-08 22:33:34

Oh, I like the pink boden applique one! Does anyone know what their sizes are like? 20 too big in some shops (but not many)& too wee in others. I love the red spotty wrap dress (?Uttah) in the other thread, if only that came in more 'generous' sizes

littlelapin Sat 24-May-08 22:41:04

bubblerock Sat 24-May-08 22:44:11

This goes up to a 22 and it's £55, the shape looks like it would be flattering.

TREBUCHET Sat 24-May-08 22:44:30

Lapin you are lovely. When i next have some money for a treat(maybe xmas 2014) I will most definitely seek your advice x

danielsmumlor Sat 24-May-08 22:52:55

Wow, this is a great way to shop! Spent a day wandering around Londons Oxford/ Regent street at weekend & got very disillusioned (polite word for pissed off) so this is easier. By the way, will be back in London briefly in a few weeks if anyone can suggest anywhere better to shop (wee man had an op there last week, got to go back for a check up - 8hrs travel each way for a 10 or 15 minute check up!

vixma Sat 24-May-08 23:03:05

Debenhams big stores and no pun intended, as I am big too. I have just been to my little sisters wedding and had to look for wedding stuff for larger women (me). They have wedding dresses, bridal wear and guest wear and it is nice.......not crap that fat people wear. Go online first and have a look, but it is nice and we had a church weddding. Worth a glance at and the prices do not take the mickey. I walked my sis down the isle and my dress outfit cost £50.00. I do not know where you live but Lakeside is cool. Monsoon online and next. Just ave a look.

Lovemyshoes Sat 24-May-08 23:08:20

yo yo yo yo. No need for fatty in the title.

You are big, beautiful etc.

I have spent too many years worrying and now intend to enjoy myself.

I am having a BIG do soon and wearing a dress for the first time since my wedding day.

Find something you're comfy in that is meant for your size and let your personality shine through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now