Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

My hairdryer is only blowing cold air and I need a new one! Whats your favourite?

(28 Posts)
frumpygrumpy Mon 14-Apr-08 20:08:03

Just that........

brimfull Mon 14-Apr-08 21:48:08

Am bumping this as I need a new one as well.

frumpygrumpy Tue 15-Apr-08 10:23:40

Thanks ggirl, are you having bad hair days too? grin

Bumping......

WanderingTrolley Tue 15-Apr-08 10:26:09

Boots ionic hairdryer.

Which is not an ironic hairdryer, not that I misread the box in the shop, you understand. blush

The science is probably hooey, but it left my hair slightly less mad and frizzy than its Babyliss predecessor.

CountessDracula Tue 15-Apr-08 10:26:35

Toni & Guy one is fab if you have thick long hair

lulalullabye Tue 15-Apr-08 10:29:52

Phillips/ Treseme hairdryer is fab, about 25 quid and worth every penny. i have curly and very thick hair and it dries in no time.

AllwaysDoingSomething Tue 15-Apr-08 10:32:30

I'm using this one [[http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vidal-Sassoon-Ionic-2000W-VS5114/dp/B000TD0SGE/ref=sr114?ie=UTF8&s=perso nal&qid=1208251489&sr=1-14]
which has very slim concentrator nozzle and long cable (my top 2 requirements for a hairdryer.) Bouggt mine from Boots, but can't find a link to it there. I use mine almost every day and usually get through one a year and I'm quite happy with this one and would even buy it again. I can spend hours shopping for a new one, mostly becuase the nozzles' aren't usually slim enough.

TheBlonde Tue 15-Apr-08 19:03:53

revlon or remington big shot
2000W and a long cord

barking Tue 15-Apr-08 19:22:35

if you have short/bob hair I would recommend babyliss beliss just got one and no longer need hairdryer
dries really quick

zippitippitoes Tue 15-Apr-08 19:26:39

well i use the boots travel one which was afair under a tenner

but i doubt that will satisfy you but it does fold up tofit in a case unless you are too sheapskate to [ay to put abag in thehold on ryanair and then dont take one away at all but i use it as my pon;ly hairdrier it is fine

frumpygrumpy Tue 15-Apr-08 22:21:13

Thank you all grin

zippi, I am currently using my Boots travel hairdryer as a stand in grin It could be why people are crossing the road when I approach.......hmm

zippitippitoes Tue 15-Apr-08 22:22:27

well you dont need one then do you lol

what difference does it make

frumpygrumpy Wed 16-Apr-08 19:56:49

lol!

Boots one makes me look like Jo Brands mum.

Old one made me look like Jo Brand.

Subtle I know. But important. grin

MaloryTowersTraditionalist Wed 16-Apr-08 19:58:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

barking Fri 18-Apr-08 18:02:18

Still no new purchase?
What kind of hair have you got Frumpy? If shoulder length or above I promise you the Babyliss is brilliant, it gives you the shiny salon finish, I've even used it on the children!

frumpygrumpyhasnofaceon Sat 19-Apr-08 20:29:21

I'm still with travel hairdryer grin

I still have no friends grin

I went shopping today but went late and Boots was shut so I may do an internet purchase. Is it really that good? I have shoulder length, untidy and unloved as hell, mother of 3 hair grin

barking Sat 19-Apr-08 20:46:07

Hi Frumpy smile
I had resisted buying it before as it looked like a sales gimmick but it really has made a difference. Iv'e got quite thick hair and it's starting to go a bit wiry and fuzzy in parts (yes like pubic hair!) and I was starting to look slightly feral, so desperate measures were needed. I think it must be the ceramic thing doing something as it leaves it very smooth, you don't have to have it poker straight, I can sort of style it with a slight cheeky flick! It lasts for about 3 days so I'm very happy with the results.
I'm feeding dc3 so hopes this makes sense.

barking Sat 19-Apr-08 20:54:28

dc3 just fallen asleep so I can type unencumbered! also worth saying that it looks quite small in the box and I worried it wasn't going to be powerful enough to dry and style hair but it dries very quick (has 3 heat settings I think and a nob at the top which I haven't worked out what it does yet as the instructions have disappeared as most things do when they come to our house!

barking Sat 19-Apr-08 20:56:48

Oh shock horror no full stops. But having 3 children one has to type and talk really fast these days grin

frumpygrumpyhasnofaceon Sun 20-Apr-08 14:24:04

yes, never a full stop with 3 grin I will let you know..........atm I'm contemplating the Britney shave pmsl!

chopchopbusybusy Sun 20-Apr-08 14:28:34

Nicky Clarke one from TKMaxx. Excellent. Was £14.

barabra16 Thu 09-Feb-17 17:20:02

Get a Karmin hair dryer, I have been using it and works really well for my hair =)

CateGory8 Thu 09-Feb-17 18:00:52

Parlux 385 is the best hairdryer I've ever had. I have really course hair and this dryer makes my hair lovely and smooth.

tickingthebox Thu 09-Feb-17 18:04:41

I'm with the Parlux, anyone else hasn't tried one - unbelievable difference to my hair - No frizz whatsoever.

I was dubious at the £100 price tag, but will never go back! It is incredible

www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=parlux+385&tag=mumsnetforum-21

NomDePlumeReloaded Thu 09-Feb-17 18:10:11

THIS IS A 2008 ZOMBIE hmm, I suspect the OP has a dryer now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: