Page 3 | If you are in your 50s, please come and tell me what your jeans and boots combos look like this a/w

(56 Posts)
Chuckinitdown Mon 11-Oct-21 19:12:00

Just that really! So skinny jeans are ‘out’ but are they really? I absolutely refuse to do bare ankles past the end of this month and could do with a boot refresh but nothing really grabs me. I can’t see myself doing away with my skinnies but am open to other shapes as long as I can wear with the yet to be purchased boots. FWIW, I’m reasonably slim but my legs aren’t my finest feature (very slim) so between them and my legs I’m nit sure DMs or such would suit. But I could be wrong! What’s everyone else wearing?

OP’s posts: |
ZaZathecat Thu 14-Oct-21 10:12:31

I just got some skinnies with a split hem from Primark (more classy brands are doing them too). They're still good for inside boots but can also go over ankle boots or trainers as they open up giving the space, and look flared out at the bottom which kind of updates the look (I think!)

moofolk Thu 14-Oct-21 11:07:55

I absolutely do not care what jeans I am 'supposed' to wear.

My only concern about skinnies going out of fashion is that they may no longer be available to buy if that is a real trend

Bluntness100 Thu 14-Oct-21 11:22:31

moofolk

I absolutely do not care what jeans I am 'supposed' to wear.

My only concern about skinnies going out of fashion is that they may no longer be available to buy if that is a real trend

I’d not be concerned shops are full of them and folks have been saying they are going out of fashion for about two years now. They clearly aren’t

ShrikeAttack Thu 14-Oct-21 11:34:31

I think in fashion terms they are certainly 'out', I was looking on Matches the other day for some new jeans and out of interest put a filter on for skinnies, out of 520 possible pairs they only had 31 skinny styles available, so no, skinnies are not fashionable.

However they remain popular (as countless threads here will attest) so if you're not interested in looking up to date and they're a style you like and that work for you, you'll certainly be able to find plenty of choice on the high street.

Deathraystare Wed 20-Oct-21 17:56:13

Skinnies don't seem to be going anywhere and are EVERYWHERE which is unfortunate for those of us who cannot wear them! I don't even bother looking now as they are all skinny /ripped or both! I want ones that don't emphasize my huge knee caps! Not bothered about my bum, bothered about my tum and kneecaps!

PackedintheUK Wed 20-Oct-21 18:18:09

I have some lovely wideleg jeans but I'm not sure I'm going to get much wear from them on the basis I have no idea what shoes to wear with them and they drag in the wet grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in