Talk

Advanced search

Stylish and functional changing bag - does such a thing exist?

(14 Posts)
Gemy Sun 02-Dec-07 21:59:54

Hello there,

I am looking for a new changing bag. My current one is a massive Avent thing, with a massive flap and it's a knightmare.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Money is not an issue (but £100 is the limit) and definatly flap-less. But, since this will - for a certain amount of time at least - replace my very stylish oversized butter-soft leather bag, I'd like it to be as stylish as possible whilst remaining a functional changing bag.

Any help/recommendations greatly appreciated

used2bthin Sun 02-Dec-07 22:04:10

I've got the raspberry lin and Leo bag (it's on blooming marvellous website- you can get 10 percent discount through mn)It was £90 but I can't remember if that was with the discount. It's leather, comes in brown, turquoise, pink or red. Comes with a detachable strap so I put that over my pushchair handles but if I'm out without DD I take it off and use as normal (but v big)handbag.

Sputnik Sun 02-Dec-07 22:07:17

Do you really need a changing bag? Why not something like this to stuff in your existing bag?

Gemy Mon 03-Dec-07 13:52:06

Great ideas from you both - the lin&leo bag is gorgeous! But, love the fold-up option that fits in my existing bag too! Thx!

Looked in our local baby shop and they had bags by a company called OI OI - anyone any experience of these?

Tallbird Mon 03-Dec-07 16:03:20

I used an Oi Oi bag (I think the model was Hobo - zip across the top; no flap) - and loved it. Obviously not up to the standards of a lovely soft leather handbag, and so I did sometimes go for the nappy / wipes etc stuffed into normal handbag option - but would thoroughly recommend. Great range of colours (which change quite frequently) too, so no danger of seeing loads of people with the same bag.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 03-Dec-07 16:10:01

Message withdrawn

MrsBadger Mon 03-Dec-07 17:50:50

just sling a changing mat in the lovely leather bag

oioi are good though, so are skiphop if you see them

Gemy Wed 05-Dec-07 14:59:03

I will look out for skiphop MrsB - thx - and may opt for the oioi. (I do love my existing bag but sometimes it can be hard to find things straight away when you have an outsized bag - out and about with a 1 year old, and a new baby, I think I will need things faster to hand)

bootsdingo77 Wed 10-Aug-11 16:13:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

seasidesister Wed 10-Aug-11 16:18:00

I use a Timbuk2 cycle courier bag. Cant do the link but you could google..

HilaryDevey Wed 10-Aug-11 16:50:36

bootdingo77 STOP DIGGING UP 6MNTH OLD THREADS ......

Its annoying.angry

seasidesister Wed 10-Aug-11 19:48:16

angry yeah muppet

twooter Wed 10-Aug-11 19:50:51

Hi had an oioi hobo bag too. Loved it, and still use it if I need a bigger bag at all. Would definitely recommend them

twooter Wed 10-Aug-11 19:52:00

Ok, I've read the rest. Guessing the op is no longer interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now