Which jewellery with this wedding dress?

(73 Posts)
MrsAldoKane Fri 18-Jun-21 18:22:41

Getting married later this year, and I'll be wearing this dress (this is not me, obvs). I'll be wearing a fingertip veil as well, and possibly a pearl or possibly sparkly belt. What sort of jewellery would you go for? I can't decide between statement earrings or a statement(ish!) necklace.

OP’s posts: |
MrsAldoKane Fri 18-Jun-21 18:23:44

Oh, and budget for jewellery is a few hundred I think. My engagement ring is diamond and sapphire, if that makes any difference...

Bluntness100 Fri 18-Jun-21 18:24:48

Honestly very little. Maybe some small Pearl or diamond stud earrings and a delicate bracelet.

I think a sparkly or Pearl belt is unnecessary and some statement jewellery is just too much, best to keep it under stated and classy,

ApplesandBananas21 Fri 18-Jun-21 18:27:31

I agree with above.
Keep it delicate and classy.
How are you having your hair?
I love your dress!

MrsAldoKane Fri 18-Jun-21 18:32:04

Thanks both. Hair like this I think - I have fairly thin hair and it wouldn't hold a curl all day or similar...

realroxanne Fri 18-Jun-21 18:33:31

Wow your dress is stunning absolutely love it! smile

MrsAldoKane Fri 18-Jun-21 18:33:42

Or maybe something like this - with a veil. Not necessarily with the flowers.

Advertisement

MrsMoastyToasty Fri 18-Jun-21 18:34:08

Are you going to be wearing any hair accessories?

ApplesandBananas21 Fri 18-Jun-21 18:34:34

Love both hair styles!
Always the good to have it up and out the way so you aren't faffing with it all day!

BasiliskStare Fri 18-Jun-21 18:36:55

Just me , with the veil , I would go for modest earrings - no necklace if you are having a sparkly belt.

Was is Coco Chanel who said before you leave the house , look in the mirror and take one thing off ? ( I know - I can google as well as any one but haven't ) but I think you see my point.

I think if you want a belt ( does it need one ? ) pearl - & then I would go with modest pearl earrings. Or forget the belt altogether.

I think understated elegance is much underrated.

But I am sure you will look lovely whatever you decide.
Congratulations and hope you have a fabulous day.

BasiliskStare Fri 18-Jun-21 18:39:24

Whoops - cross posted there - so agree no belt - veil and modest earrings. ( but what do I know grin )

Wrotten Fri 18-Jun-21 18:43:17

Absolutely do not ruin that dress with a belt!

starbrightstarlight8888 Fri 18-Jun-21 18:48:17

Wow that dress is stunning

MacavityTheDentistsCat Fri 18-Jun-21 19:01:19

What a beautiful dress!

I'd wear some fabulous earings and a delicate bracelet. Definitely no necklace or belt.

BeaLola Fri 18-Jun-21 19:02:16

Stunning dress

No to belt or statement earrings/necklace – less is definitely more and when you look back on your photos in many years to come you'll be glad you went for simple elegant understated amazing glamour

I am at a lot of weddings and that is one of the loveliest dresses I have seen for a while

I love both hairstyles

For earrings diamond studs or pearls - does a relative have any they can lend you for the day ? I wore my late Mums earrings

Bluntness100 Fri 18-Jun-21 19:04:04

Honestly less is more op, you don’t need to bling it up.

The dress is lovely as are the hairstyles. Keep your jewellery modest and lose the belt. Keep it elegant, classy and tasteful and you’ll look all the better for it

Melitza Fri 18-Jun-21 19:04:46

Just very understated, good quality pearl earrings would be my choice.
Dress is amazing btw.

HermioneWeasley Fri 18-Jun-21 19:06:46

Stunning dress

NO to hair flowers, assuming you’re not an 8 year old child bride

I’d wear drop earrings with that - not “Statement” as such, but not studs either.

Movinghouseatlast Fri 18-Jun-21 19:10:42

Stunning dress! It doesn't need a belt though.

You could go for a very simple very plain necklace and some massive dangly statement earrings if you want to go less traditional.

If traditional then Pearl studs and maybe a pearl choker type necklace.

StCharlotte Fri 18-Jun-21 19:13:48

Heavenly dress!

How about something like this for your hair and diamond drop or pearl drop earrings? And nothing else.

www.jonrichard.com/jewellery-c166/hair-accessories-c22/jon-richard-silver-plated-pearl-and-crystal-floral-hair-comb-p46510

(Hadn't heard of a fingertip veil so I looked it up - turns out I had one myself grin)

MrsAldoKane Fri 18-Jun-21 19:17:56

Thanks everyone - I love the dress too smile Good point about the Coco Chanel quote, I might have been going a little overboard...

What about these or these?

Eleoura Fri 18-Jun-21 19:21:58

Lovely dress, but a belt will cut the body in half and make you look wider, rather than the eye going up and down for a slimming effect!

With no belt, you could have a necklace similar to this, with small, pearl earrings
www.johnlewis.com/lido-y-shape-knotted-drop-necklace-silver-white/p79156

PiuVinoPerFavore Fri 18-Jun-21 19:28:10

MrsAldoKane

Thanks everyone - I love the dress too smile Good point about the Coco Chanel quote, I might have been going a little overboard...

What about these or these?

The second ones. I would vote no belt too.

Pbbananabagel Fri 18-Jun-21 19:30:42

Incredible dress.
Personally I’d skip the belt and wear really architectural flowers in the hair like orchids.

PacifyLulu Fri 18-Jun-21 19:34:43

I’d say no belt and keep the jewellery simple because the dress is gorgeous in its simplicity and you don’t want to detract from that. Also, don’t forget how much drama a veil adds to the look anyway.
What about reflecting you engagement ring and going for a simple diamond and sapphire pendant (or whatever you budget allows). Although to be honest I think sapphire earrings and nothing else.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in