Bikini help!

(12 Posts)
Janek Mon 24-May-21 10:37:07

I would love a new bikini which does not have padding in the top half! Previously I have managed to buy bikini tops with padding, but it has been removable. More recently, this no longer seems to be a thing.

I gave it a go and my current bikini does have padding and I hate it! It stays really wet for ages, soaks my towel if I lie on my front after swimming and just generally annoys me.

Has anyone seen bikinis with removable/no padding for sale this year?

OP’s posts: |
massistar Mon 24-May-21 10:41:31

I've been looking at this O'Neill bikini. Optional padding:

https://uk.oneill.com/products/capri-top-lily-pad

goose1964 Mon 24-May-21 11:59:04

ASOS have loads

madaboutrunning Mon 24-May-21 12:04:26

Esprit are great for bikinis - all tops and bottoms are sold separately. There is always a good choice of different styles in each colourway, including various non-padded tops.

Janek Thu 22-Jul-21 10:39:04

@madaboutrunning do you know what esprit sizing is like? sorry for the late reply/thank for suggestions, this inertia is clearly the reason i still don't have a new bikini despite wanting one for years!!!

I wear a 30E bra, but measuring myself using the size guide on esprit's website gave me a top size of 10A. This doesn't really seem like it could be right - any advice appreciated, as currently I would need to order an unfeasible number of options to make sure i got the right size!

hamsterchump Thu 22-Jul-21 12:23:07

Surf brand bikini tops usually have removable padding and I find they're much better quality than fashion bikinis and stay on better. So brands like Billabong, O'Neill, Rip Curl, Roxy Quiksilver. They're expensive but quite often have sales on their websites.

sanitygirl Thu 22-Jul-21 15:50:37

Have a look at tezenis and Calzedonia - they are my go to shops for bikinis - mix and match tops and bottoms and plenty of non padded styles

Advertisement

sanitygirl Thu 22-Jul-21 15:56:44

Non padded and underwrites in nice range of colours and eco friendly fabric

https://www.calzedonia.com/uk/product/balconettebikinii_topindonesiaa_eco-RB01748N.html

sanitygirl Thu 22-Jul-21 15:57:59

Non padded no wired

https://www.calzedonia.com/uk/product/trianglebikinii_toploss_angeles-RT01692.html

Janek Thu 22-Jul-21 17:19:41

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll give them a go.

madaboutrunning Mon 26-Jul-21 17:19:10

Janek

*@madaboutrunning* do you know what esprit sizing is like? sorry for the late reply/thank for suggestions, this inertia is clearly the reason i still don't have a new bikini despite wanting one for years!!!

I wear a 30E bra, but measuring myself using the size guide on esprit's website gave me a top size of 10A. This doesn't really seem like it could be right - any advice appreciated, as currently I would need to order an unfeasible number of options to make sure i got the right size!

It's been a while since I ordered one and I have since lost weight so I can't really remember how I decided what size to get. If it's any help I am a similar size to you now - 30F/28G - and It suggests a 10B would fit me. It is a very confusing chart they have!

Janek Mon 26-Jul-21 20:06:48

I've ordered an unfeasible range of choices, I'll report back!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in