Help me style this dress for summer wedding.

(24 Posts)
SingleHandSue Tue 04-May-21 19:55:26

I’ve got this dress for a bargain and absolutely love it on (a miracle as I hate my shape and think everything looks like shite normally) I have a wedding to go to in July so would love to wear this.

I’ve decided against the tie belt on it and have tried a skinny belt which looks much better but I’m really struggling with what colour shoes/belt/bag to go with it.

I think it would look good with tan but then think that would be too dark/casual for a summer wedding.

What colours could I try that would look lovely, summery and not too casual with it?

TIA

OP’s posts: |
JMAngel1 Tue 04-May-21 20:03:06

How about a clashy pair of shoes like a magenta and then a tan clutch?

JMAngel1 Tue 04-May-21 20:03:37

The dress is a beautiful colour.

CommanderBurnham Tue 04-May-21 20:05:12

A print or a stripe with that colour in it?

A striped clutch or printed shoes??

CheerfulBunny Tue 04-May-21 20:07:20

Oo yes @JMAngel1 magenta would be lovely with the teal. I have had successive pairs of pink shoes and worn them loads. Alternatively how about metallic (gold or silver depending on your taste) skinny belt and sandals? Beaded bag in teal or navy shades if you dont want to be too matchy.

Mosaic123 Tue 04-May-21 20:10:37

How about an Emerald Green?

Bluntness100 Tue 04-May-21 20:11:25

That’s lovely. Very elegant. I’d do silver.

WineGetsMeThroughIt Tue 04-May-21 20:29:41

That's a gorgeous dress! I would style it with gold strappy sandals and a matching gold belt (if you're not using the tie) if a got handbag. I wouldn't match all 3 together though. Only matching shoes and belt or shoes and handbag. A magenta purple or black would also look lovely with that.

Palavah Tue 04-May-21 20:59:28

What colour is the skinny belt?

You'll need belt, shoes, bag, and hat/headgear? I wouldn't have all of these in the same colour. For example I might do a tan belt, tan shoes and metallic bag with a feather headpiece.

Palavah Tue 04-May-21 21:00:35

Magenta would look fabulous. So would coral, orange or teal. Cream would also lift.

Simonsaysitschristmas Tue 04-May-21 21:14:32

I would also do gold strappy heeled sandals. A nice box clutch bag would contrast nicely with the floatiness of your dress.

RuthW Tue 04-May-21 21:17:57

I'd go with black shoes, bag and fascinator

BeaLola Tue 04-May-21 21:59:03

A box clutch bag
Silver - Matt
Pewter colour ?
Teal
Fuchsia (although I guess that's magenta to others ?)
I wouldn't match all 3
For me I wouldn't do tan
It is a lovely dress - hope you have a great wedding

Palavah Tue 04-May-21 22:00:10

Not black!

Spud13 Tue 04-May-21 22:02:30

Gold

Corkina Tue 04-May-21 22:22:38

This colour..fab. Your dress is beautiful

Corkina Tue 04-May-21 22:23:24

I see red is also an option or tan. No to silver or black. Gold - yes but safe.

Corkina Tue 04-May-21 22:29:40

Or Kate Middleton Forest Green

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.whowhatwear.com/amp/kate-middleton-spring-shoes

SingleHandSue Tue 04-May-21 22:39:34

Thanks so much everybody!

I’m very pleased no one slated the dress smile I couldn’t cope with trying to find something else.

It’s great to see that I’ve got lots of options for colours that would look good with it, I like the sound of magenta/fuschia.

Would a silver/pale grey belt look ok if I went with pink shoes? But then would it look daft to have a third colour in the bag? I don’t want to be all matchy, matchy with shoes and bag but I also don’t want to give myself arseache trying to find 3 things in different but harmonious colours.

I’m also thinking of silver hair slides in the side of my hair rather than a hat or fascinator.

OP’s posts: |
Weeedonkey Tue 04-May-21 22:55:10

That colour is beautiful OP ❤️

Palavah Tue 04-May-21 23:15:45

That sounds like a great plan, OP. Yes, you could have a bag in a 3rd colour but it would be better if it were either a matching or toning colour with the dress, shoes, or belt, or a pattern (cow print?)

Unsure33 Wed 05-May-21 00:07:40

I wore a similar colour with dusky pink accessories and it looked lovely

Bluntness100 Wed 05-May-21 06:03:58

Unsure33

I wore a similar colour with dusky pink accessories and it looked lovely

What’s a similar colour to white? Cream?

Palavah Wed 05-May-21 08:17:04

Wrong thread, @Bluntness100?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in