Would like jacket like this North Face one but cheaper

(8 Posts)
mommybunny Tue 04-May-21 18:35:24

This is a jacket I gave DS for Christmas a couple of years ago - I have no idea what the style is called and I can’t find anything like it in North Face’s current offering (I probably got it at their outlet). I grabbed it the other day when I was going out for a walk and if he ever wants to see it again I am going to have to find a suitable substitute for myself. Can anyone help please?

The features I loved:

Warm but not heavy - padded but not puffy
Waterproof
Hooded
Half “zip” but there were snaps (poppers) in lieu of a zipper - the half rather than full length of opening was key
Men’s size medium which would allow me to wear a jumper underneath
Black colour is good but not essential
Good size pocket

I really don’t want to pay a North Face price (and it doesn’t look I could even if I wanted to) but if anyone has come across a decent substitute (men’s or women’s) I’d be very grateful if they could share.

OP’s posts: |
fairlygoodmother Tue 04-May-21 18:46:45

From LL Bean?
global.llbean.com/shop/Womens-Mountain-Classic-Insulated-Anorak/120870.html

mommybunny Tue 04-May-21 18:56:56

Looks good @fairlygoodmother and thanks for the link but I don’t think I’d get into an XS. It’s also a little more than I was hoping to spend (but I might have been persuaded if I could get the right size).

Ghostlyglow Tue 04-May-21 19:17:33

Have you tried looking at M and M Direct.

JofraArchersFastestBall Tue 04-May-21 19:27:25

How about this? Not black, but half zip and Columbia ought to be decent quality.

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/columbia-womens-powder-lite-insulated-anorak-A4215999.html?channable=00ff736964003235333734365f313037a5&colour=107&utm_source=google&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_campaign=Best%20Sellers%20£1-4k%20High%20Priority%20tROAS-BOFU-PLA%20&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_pos=&cq_med=pla&cq_plt=gp&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4cOEBhDMARIsAA3XDRhVfODaCIy3dJST9VW39NTgMv7v_V4DrFLHnbIeoybm5dm9WPsp-ncaAi3SEALw_wcB

JofraArchersFastestBall Tue 04-May-21 19:29:33

Eeee, massive link - sorry, I'm on my mobile

mommybunny Tue 04-May-21 19:34:40

That’s a possibility @JofraArchersFastestBall, and it’s in stock in my local store, so I can see which size would be best.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Miseryisabutterfly Wed 05-May-21 18:15:06

Carhartt Nimbus?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in