School run coat recommendations please

(6 Posts)
randomsabreuse Tue 04-May-21 16:50:17

Style probably isn't my biggest priority in all honesty but would prefer not to look horrible!

Looking for a warm coat that can stand up to Scottish weather - so wind, hanging around in an unsheltered playground and the inevitable 2.55pm downpour.

Last winter I got a cheapy knee-length padded coat from Primark due to not being able to try on I was caught out by useless pockets and a hood that blows off in a light breeze.

Function more important than brand name!

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
thinkningaboutit Tue 04-May-21 16:54:58

Seasalt have good options. They also do 50% off for blue light card holders. Think you can get other discounts too.

I have the Plant coat which holds up well for the million pram walks I do in west of Scotland.

https://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/waterproof-jackets-raincoats/padded-warm-winter-coat/plant-hunter-quilted-waterproof-raincoat-firth.htm

Hazelnutlatteplease Tue 04-May-21 16:57:44

Janelle Sea salt. A very very functional coat. wind proof and rain proof, you will stay dry. Its warm enough that you could mostly wear it as it but it is well cut enough you can squeeze a fleece or even down jacket underneath if it gets cold.

Teen DD says it just looks like a regular black coat and is willing to be seen with me in it grin, I'm still not convinced it doesn't look frumpy.

Shantotto Tue 04-May-21 17:02:37

I got a great one from Lands End for my many windy and rainy pram walks in Scotland.

nevernotstruggling Tue 04-May-21 19:24:41

Have a look at lighthouse brand. Similar style to sea salt m. I'm really impressed with what I got from there. Fully waterproof and cosy abs long

MommySharkDooDooDooDoo Tue 04-May-21 19:58:33

I've got one from Lands End. It is a long puffy thing. Down I think? I got it half price in the sale last winter and it has been worth its weight in gold.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in