Holding those waves in fine flyaway hair please

(6 Posts)
Chicinwellies Tue 04-May-21 14:58:47

I have a fantastic new curling barrel (Babyliss Titanium) but just cannot get the waves to hold. I have this with any instrument I use, and wondered what styling products work for you, without making my waves look crispy / rigid / ridiculous.

OP’s posts: |
GNCQ Tue 04-May-21 15:04:54

I have ridiculously frizzy hair.

What I do is shampoo with "head and shoulders gold supreme moisture" which is a mix of shampoo and conditioner. I then use a OGX coconut milk conditioner (from Sainsbury's). Rinse.
Then I use frizz ease serum. Use an afro comb to work it into your hair whilst wet, do not rinse.

Then I find my waves/curls/straight styles are way more set in and healthy looking.

I'm Mediterranean ethnic.

Chicinwellies Tue 04-May-21 15:12:59

Thanks. My hair is literally poker straight, and most curls drop out within an hour.

OP’s posts: |
EmmaStone Tue 04-May-21 17:18:35

My hair's the same, I find clean hair can't hold a wave, but at least 1 day old hair can if you can bear it? Also lots of product - mousse/sea salt spray and hairspray.

WrinklesShminkles Tue 04-May-21 17:29:50

I use spray on mousse and salt spray, then airdry. My fine hair stays wavy until about 4pm.

LlamaofDrama Tue 04-May-21 21:07:18

Following with interest. I've got similar hair, never yet been able to make a wave last for longer than 5 minutes, 2 if there's a breeze, and I combed a perm out in the 80s grin. DD has inherited the texture, and is not best pleased with me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in