Fillers/botox price and recommendations

(12 Posts)
PeachMelba78 Tue 04-May-21 14:55:00

Since lockdown, I am on a lot more TEAMs calls and I have noticed my marionette lines and forehead lines are getting worse. I also have some fine lines under my eyes. I would like to get some very subtle fillers/botox and I don’t know how much is about right? I am based near Glasgow but if possible I would prefer to go local so I can walk home afterwards - is the price difference/quality very different outside of larger cities? TIA

OP’s posts: |
AnaViaSalamanca Tue 04-May-21 15:01:18

Not a great help, but whatever intro you get do go through their google reviews as well

dancemom Tue 04-May-21 15:04:42

Westerwood Clinic in the city centre.

JengaCupboard Tue 04-May-21 15:10:47

I can't help you location wise, but I've just had my first lot of 'eyebrow lines' (glabella?) and crows feet sorted out with botox (so two areas).

It's nothing short of a Christmas miracle. Seriously.

I paid £210.00 at a private cosmetic clinic in my nearest city who also do private dentistry so was as certain as I could be that their administering it was legit, as I was nervous in this regard.

I'm not the type to consider things like lip filler etc personally; i've never even worn false eyelashes - however at swiftly approaching 40 the transformation is brilliant...AND not permanent if you don't like it...

PeachMelba78 Tue 04-May-21 15:21:02

Thanks everyone. I’m 43, got a line in between my eyebrows, a few fine lines on my forehead and the marionette lines. I have been lasering for about 5 months and it has made a big difference to the elasticity of my skin and complexion, but my lines are still there.
Like a PP I don’t wear false lashes or anything like that but I don’t feel as fresh as I would like.
Do people recommend dentists then? My local practice does do fillers.

AlphabetAerobics Tue 04-May-21 15:24:18

Hazel Hiram in Kirkintilloch. She's a dentist with a masters in aesthetics.

PeachMelba78 Tue 04-May-21 15:29:06

Thanks Alphabet - that’s the other side of Glasgow for me but could be handy for a friend of mine

LeilaLiesLow Tue 04-May-21 15:31:37

In London, the best cosmetic drs charge around £350 for 1ml of filler (this is about enough for one cheek ) so you'd be looking at around £750 for little lift to the cheeks. It depends on where you go. It's not just about their experience, but about their 'artistry' to place it in the right place.

ItsNotMeOfficer Tue 04-May-21 18:55:27

No local recommendations as not in your area but I would (and it looks like you're going down this route which is good) only go to a medically trained professional. So a Nurse, a Doctor or a Dentist.

Unfortunately anyone can train in these procedures but I'd only ever trust a medic!

Girlintheframe Tue 04-May-21 19:06:03

Edinburgh city centre prices, £250 per ml filler and £150 per area of Botox

Elsabet Tue 04-May-21 19:52:58

I can’t help location wise but I have been having Botox for the last 4 years in 3 areas. The 11’s, forehead and crows feet for £340, my regular GP administers it.
I would certainly go to someone medically trained.

PeachMelba78 Tue 04-May-21 20:16:20

Thanks all. I would only go to a doctor or similar, I used to be a (fully trained) beauty therapist and there are a lot of cowboys around. I suppose I just never considered a dentist. I have booked in for microneedling in the meantime to see what difference that makes. Has anyone had that done? Thanks!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in