Do you like dungarees or dungaree dresses?

(46 Posts)
LieLikeALoungeroomLizard Fri 30-Apr-21 18:28:28

Alot of 90s type stuff about ATM

OP’s posts: |
Craftycorvid Fri 30-Apr-21 18:31:37

Yes! Have a few including a vintage 90s one.

Fizbosshoes Fri 30-Apr-21 18:35:22

I've got a dungarees dress but I dont fo actual dungarees because I'm v short and think I would look even more quite childish wearing them.
I used to quite like dungaree shorts with frayed edges but think DD would roll her eyes and be horrified if I contemplated wearing them now!

starbrightstarlight8888 Fri 30-Apr-21 18:35:51

Yes!!

SmashingPumpkinPatch Fri 30-Apr-21 18:39:26

I like them a lot on other people. I don't suit them. I'm too tall and hourglass I think. Or it's just something about me which looks strange in them.

Irishterrier Fri 30-Apr-21 18:43:57

I like them on other people. They look ridiculous on me sadly

Vinnievangogh Fri 30-Apr-21 18:46:18

I'm 56 and wear dungaree dresses, look great in the summer with a vest top and flip flops or thick tights and a long sleeve T in the winter.

ContinuousMonotoneBeep Fri 30-Apr-21 18:47:12

No. Though not bothered about other people wearing them.

I think it's childhood issues. I didn't like a lot of the clothes I waa made to wear - thus included dungarees. You also couldn't get me in anything with a collar that buttons up to the neck

Actusl the collar thing is worse. I don't like then on anyone.

Peter pan collars wretches

bluebeck Fri 30-Apr-21 18:47:57

I have two pinafore/dungaree dresses.

I look shit in proper/trouser dungarees though. I think most people do unless they are very slim.

sunshineandshowers40 Fri 30-Apr-21 19:08:01

I love them! Live in my pinafore dress (should probably buy some more!) Have two pairs of dungarees that I haven't worn much because of lockdown but will be back in them soon!

MamaWeasel Fri 30-Apr-21 19:09:24

Love the dresses, hate the trousers.

Grapewrath Fri 30-Apr-21 20:13:45

I’ve worn pinafores for years and love dungarees too!

SisterAgatha Fri 30-Apr-21 20:23:35

I have a lovely mustard print pinny but the top half is massive on me. Don’t care, I feel so cute in it anyway.

TableNiner Fri 30-Apr-21 22:19:26

No, I always think of the Harry Enfield sketch with the giant babies when I see adults in dungarees. They aren’t overly flattering on most figures. But everyone has different views on clothes and why do things need to be flattering.

goose1964 Fri 30-Apr-21 22:30:00

Love the dreses, actually saw a pair of dungarees I liked but realised I'd look like a children's TV presenter.

JustGotToKeepOnKeepingOn Sat 01-May-21 17:57:12

No. They don't look good on me. Big boobs in a pinafore or dungarees are not a good look!

PaulHollywoodsLowHangingFruit Sat 01-May-21 18:51:44

Yes love them. Don't agree you have to be slim to wear them.

I have these and they are incredibly flattering-

here

Puntastic Sat 01-May-21 18:52:49

They look adorable on my toddler.

Squiz81 Sat 01-May-21 19:02:14

Love them, wearing these www.passenger-clothing.com/collections/womens-clothing/products/roamist-dungarees-faded-black as I type!

I find dungarees more comfortable than jeans and I have quite a few pairs now. I also like dungaree dresses. I have a pair of dungaree shorts too, but I’m never 100% sure if they make me look like an overgrown kid

KirstenBlest Sat 01-May-21 20:20:28

Yes, I have a few L&Y ones, a cord pinafore, can't remember the brand, and some denim ones from GAP including short ones. They are flattering. The pinafore seems a bit short when I'm sitting down so I wear it with thick tights.

PinkOrchidDream Sat 01-May-21 20:27:23

I won't lie, part of being pregnant is the excitement I have of feeling brave enough to wear dungarees! My local village does a Wednesday market and honestly the ones their are lush. I think they're ageless and sizesless

SmashingPumpkinPatch Sat 01-May-21 20:53:39

Haha yes, the only time I have successfully worn dungarees and looked pretty adorable in them, if I do say so myself, was when I was pregnant. I found them so much more comfortable than maternity jeans, so wore them ALL the time. The only issue was going to the loo, as I had winter babies and was at my biggest in cold weather. Didn't want to take my coat off to take off my dungarees sometimes!

swampytiggaa Sat 01-May-21 21:02:26

Just bought myself a pair of denim dungarees. My daughter tells me it’s ‘a look’ especially with my shaved head 😂😂 tbh I’m 51 and no longer give a fuck what people think.

Thought my husband would hate them but he rather likes them which is nice 😊

GeidiPrimes Sat 01-May-21 21:56:29

Love dungarees! Have a few pairs from L+Y, all in bright colours (no pattern*). Perfect for my "lifestyle" which consists mainly of dossing about in the countryside with my dog. I love a boilersuit too. Not so much pinafores (probably bc I don't wear skirts)

*Tell a lie, am awaiting order of a turquoise pair with pink spots

Lovemusic33 Sat 01-May-21 21:58:43

Love both, not sure if I look ok in them but I have quite a few pairs of dungarees and a Lucy and yak dungaree dress.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in