Talk

Advanced search

Selling designer clothes - Depop, EBay or ?

(7 Posts)
bettyskitchen Sat 21-Nov-20 18:00:31

Just wondered if anyone had any insight as to the best website for selling designer clothes? I’ve got a few pieces I’ve hardly worn that I’m keen to sell on - in the midst of a declutter and I’m trying to be ruthless!

OP’s posts: |
TotalBitch Sat 21-Nov-20 18:18:05

I haven't actually sold them anything yet, but I'm planning to give some to Loopster. They pay you a small amount for them and then sell them on.

If you want to make a decent amount, you could try Ebay, but I know I'm a bit wary of buying designer items on there, so you may have to wait a while for a buyer.

bettyskitchen Sat 21-Nov-20 18:43:21

Thanks @TotalBitch, I've not heard of Loopster, will take a look.

OP’s posts: |
Standrewsschool Sat 21-Nov-20 18:47:56

I’ve put the same clothes on Vinted, ebay and local selling sites.

The scores on the doors are:

Vinted x 3 sales
Facebook x2
Ebay x1

Beketaten Sat 21-Nov-20 20:24:28

Look at Vestiaire Collective, I've bought and sold several times on the site. They authenticate items so you can get a good price. They take £13 commission, but that includes shipping by courier.

OhRosalind Sun 22-Nov-20 13:43:37

Vestiaire collective is good for branded and higher value items, it’s international and in my experience people will spend more on there. Vinted, Depop and EBay for the rest. Or brand-specific facebook groups if it’s a label with a loyal following.

mena51 Sun 22-Nov-20 15:13:02

If it's high value, don't bother with Vinted or Depop. Depop is good if your item fits a very specific aesthetic or is in demand right now, but usually you get lots of cheeky fuckers slashing the price to half - errr how about no? But usually buyers are less picky and demanding than eBay. VInted has the nicest buyers, but usually people don't look to spend too much.
Vestiaire Collective is too much hassle and commission is too high, better for designer bags but it's not going to be an instant sale.
Ebay is probably your best bet, but wait for the £1 final fee promotion.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in