Talk

Advanced search

Way to keep jumpers lint and bobble free

(11 Posts)
Esbm2015 Wed 18-Nov-20 17:46:59

I've recently invested in some quality jumpers and wondered what everyone used to keep theirs lint and bobble free?

OP’s posts: |
thedevilinablackdress Wed 18-Nov-20 17:50:16

A pilling comb. Loads of companies sell them.

Esbm2015 Wed 18-Nov-20 18:10:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ToManderleyAgain Wed 18-Nov-20 18:18:47

Fabric shavers - they have rescued so many of my jumpers www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E3862DE?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

notwavingbutdrowning5 Fri 20-Nov-20 08:47:43

Whenever I try a pilling comb, it just seems to matt the surface of the jumper, no matter how careful I am. I hate bobbling, so I spend hours carefully snipping them off with nail scissors. There must be a better way. Are the shavers good? I have heard stories of people accidentally shaving holes into their jumpers with them.

Esbm2015 Fri 20-Nov-20 11:37:05

notwavingbutdrowning5

Whenever I try a pilling comb, it just seems to matt the surface of the jumper, no matter how careful I am. I hate bobbling, so I spend hours carefully snipping them off with nail scissors. There must be a better way. Are the shavers good? I have heard stories of people accidentally shaving holes into their jumpers with them.

Know what you mean notwavingbutdrowning5 I'm still unsure which to go for and as they're expensive jumpers so i don't want to damage them. Bobbling is so frustrating!

thedevilinablackdress Fri 20-Nov-20 12:08:31

You can also use a regular razor that typed use for leg hair etc. I wonder if this might do less of the 'matting' than the pilling comb??

HotelliFinlandia Sat 21-Nov-20 01:51:08

The shavers are good but you have to keep moving them. A bit like ironing, if you keep it in the same place too long can cause damage. I also try to work in the direction the fibres go, although sometimes circles (but never diagonally).

It can take some time, but I've never damaged clothing doing this and have done it for years!

The shavers have a guard over the blade so I reckon they're safer than actual razors.

HotelliFinlandia Sat 21-Nov-20 01:52:14

Also though, as you remove the bobbles, you're removing fibres each time which means the fabric is wearing a little bit thinner each time too. But basically it's that or bobbles!

thedevilinablackdress Sat 21-Nov-20 08:08:51

I find that not all jumpers are bad for bobbling anyway. Worst thing I ever had for it was a Gloverall duffle coat. Very annoying.

Oly4 Sat 21-Nov-20 21:11:09

Most quality jumpers will pill for a while and then settle down.
I use a polling comb or shaver

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in