Talk

Advanced search

Which colour puffer jacket

(12 Posts)
Burpeesshmurpees Mon 16-Nov-20 17:24:54

Ok I'm absolutely useless at making a decision. I love this puffer but I can't decide on a colour. Which of these would you think would be most adaptable and go with the most? I like the reflective silver the best but they don't have my size angry.
Not usually quite as nervous about a purchase but I have to order from the US so returning it is a massive pain if it's not right.
Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
Duvetstay Mon 16-Nov-20 20:47:52

I vote burgundy, really nice shade for winter

applepineapple Mon 16-Nov-20 21:16:35

The cream, more of a neutral for me smile

HollyandIvyandallthingsYule Mon 16-Nov-20 21:19:14

Both are very versatile and can be worn with almost everything within a certain range of colours.

What colours do you tend to wear?

HollyandIvyandallthingsYule Mon 16-Nov-20 21:19:54

Straightaway the Burgundy has a clear advantage - it won’t show dirt nearly as quickly.

Burpeesshmurpees Mon 16-Nov-20 21:29:46

Hmm you're right about showing the dirt actually. I hadn't thought of that. I think I'm a bit more drawn to the burgundy actually but I have a pair of cherry red doc martens that I wear quite a lot and I think it might be a bit too matchy matchy...

HollyandIvyandallthingsYule Mon 16-Nov-20 21:34:11

Nah it’d be fine. Just mix it up with a contrasting scarf/bag/hat. 🙂

goldenharvest Tue 17-Nov-20 09:31:34

Provided you are not a pale skinned blonde, the burgundy will be nicer. It would overpower a pale person

HollyandIvyandallthingsYule Tue 17-Nov-20 09:34:42

It depends on the skin undertone. If it’s warm it should be fine, regardless of how pale.

Burpeesshmurpees Tue 17-Nov-20 10:07:02

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. No I'm dark haired and olive skinned so I don't think it would be too dark a colour

augustusglupe Tue 17-Nov-20 10:10:46

Then I'd say you could carry off either colour. Personally I love the Burgundy.

HollyandIvyandallthingsYule Tue 17-Nov-20 10:38:50

Burgundy is one of my favourite colours for autumn/winter. I pair it with other deep, warm colours, and add something contrasting to avoid too much matcha-matchy. For example I often wear burgundy boots and a burgundy beret, but then I’ll make sure to wear a leopard print scarf and some olive green gloves. Or I’ll wear burgundy boots and a burgundy bag with a rust coloured jacket and a navy scarf. Etc etc.

It’s actually a really versatile colour.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in