Talk

Advanced search

40th present - necklace with kids names on

(24 Posts)
whatever1980 Sat 14-Nov-20 18:56:41

Like Kate Middleton wears - yah or nah?

OP’s posts: |
Ayupmeduck Sat 14-Nov-20 19:38:05

I like them. I had this one as a gift after my 2nd child.

https://www.poshtottydesigns.com/personalised-russian-ring-necklace.html

Lots of nice designs on the website

whatever1980 Sat 14-Nov-20 20:14:20

That's beautiful @Ayupmeduck it's what I'm thinking of. Just want to something to make my birthday that means something to me and that I can wear everyday

Ayupmeduck Sat 14-Nov-20 20:33:38

I wear it all the time - I chose it as it was subtle. You'd have to really squint to read the names but I know they're there smile
Hope you find something that you like just as much.

Bloodylovecheese Sat 14-Nov-20 20:36:14

Also try silver by mail...they do lovely ones too

Bloodylovecheese Sat 14-Nov-20 20:37:58

www.silver.uk.com/Search/Personalised

MerlotChiantiMontepulicano Sat 14-Nov-20 20:38:26

I'd probably like something with ds' initial on but it feels odd buying it for myself.

Perhaps look at Merci Maman.

JoJoSM2 Sat 14-Nov-20 20:39:38

Just googled to see what it looks like. If it’s a necklace with one pendant and it’s your cup of tea, then yay. The 3 pendants on one chain are a nay from me and they just look unattractive.

ShadowKitty Sat 14-Nov-20 20:59:09

Etsy and Not on the high Street have a lot of options for personalised jewellery - I try to check in there for stuff as it's often people running small businesses so it's nice to support.

MindyStClaire Sat 14-Nov-20 21:14:34

Not quite what you're looking for, but I got a necklace with all of our birthstones in from here.

Sooverthemill Sat 14-Nov-20 21:42:04

I have the posh totty one though the mixed gold one with the names of our three children on. I love it. I wear it almost every day. It was for a special birthday . The Kate Middleton one is also nice.

ForthPlace Sat 14-Nov-20 21:43:45

I bought a friend this...

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/hurleyburley/product/personalised-tiny-silver-heart-charm-necklace?referredBy=search

And added a heart for each child's name. Beautiful quality including the gift box.

Spongebobsbob Sat 14-Nov-20 21:47:08

Hmm. They are nice but personally turning 40 marks a slight return to myself as a person in my own right, not just a mum. I guess it depends on the ages of your children.
I’m not saying I wouldn’t wear one but for my 40th I want something less child focussed.
Maybe that makes me an awful mum?!

CountFosco Sat 14-Nov-20 22:00:47

MindyStClaire

Not quite what you're looking for, but I got a necklace with all of our birthstones in from here.

I have stacking rings with the DCs birthstones from Alison Moore. I change necklaces and earring and bracelets the whole time but my rings are meaningful for me (and I can see them when I wear them unlike necklaces). I was deep in the baby stage at 40 and I bought my rings much later with a work bonus.

whatever1980 Sat 14-Nov-20 22:31:12

Thanks for all the suggestions all! I'll take a look.

Daisy829 Sat 14-Nov-20 22:33:53

Posh totty are great. I had the geometric one but lost it and was (still am) devastated. I really liked it as it was an unusual shape. My DH replaced it with another one from the same place which is 2 hearts. I wear it every day.

user1493494961 Sat 14-Nov-20 22:34:35

I think they're a bit naff.

Daisy829 Sat 14-Nov-20 22:35:04

This was my original one. It was really understated.
www.poshtottydesigns.com/personalised-baby-names-geometric-necklace.html

SephrinaX Sat 14-Nov-20 22:47:30

I got this one for a friends birthday. Not the children's names, but got a mix of all their birthstones. It's very pretty. You can have up to 4 in a necklace.

https://www.racheljacksonlondon.com/collections/amulet/products/personalised-mixed-birthstone-amulet-necklace

Sooverthemill Sun 15-Nov-20 08:34:26

Spongebobsbob

Hmm. They are nice but personally turning 40 marks a slight return to myself as a person in my own right, not just a mum. I guess it depends on the ages of your children.
I’m not saying I wouldn’t wear one but for my 40th I want something less child focussed.
Maybe that makes me an awful mum?!

I had my first child at age 41 so I was knee deep in nappies for the next few years!

Joeyandpacey Sun 15-Nov-20 08:40:48

SephrinaX

I got this one for a friends birthday. Not the children's names, but got a mix of all their birthstones. It's very pretty. You can have up to 4 in a necklace.

www.racheljacksonlondon.com/collections/amulet/products/personalised-mixed-birthstone-amulet-necklace

I love this one! Great suggestion.

wouldyouhaveacupoftea Sun 15-Nov-20 09:14:56

Oh my god I shouldn't have clicked on the Rachel Jackson birthstones one. That's gorgeous. I'm just kicking myself that me and my dc were all born in the same bloody month...! It's not even a colour I like. Curses.

whatever1980 Sun 15-Nov-20 14:49:16

There are beautiful pieces of jewellery on these websites I've a list now including earrings and stacking rings - this is dangerous for me!

whatever1980 Sun 15-Nov-20 14:54:56

I agree @wouldyouhaveacupoftea and @Joeyandpacey Rachel Jackson birthstone necklaces are beautiful a real one off

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in