Talk

Advanced search

Toast... Numero 5 ! ... Going into Winter ....

(242 Posts)
Laska2Meryls Mon 02-Nov-20 14:00:04

Hello!! Here is the new thread for all us Toast lovers ..

Welcome, all old and new posters

OP’s posts: |
Laska2Meryls Mon 02-Nov-20 14:00:30

...and hoping for a winter sale soon wink

Laska2Meryls Mon 02-Nov-20 14:07:19

Link to last thread, so you can catch up

AmethystMoonShine Mon 02-Nov-20 14:30:47

Thanks @Laska2Meryls grin

AuldFox Mon 02-Nov-20 14:34:10

Just marking my toasty place...thanks Laska!

Ellapaella Mon 02-Nov-20 14:46:50

Thanks @Laska2Meryls - checking in

faustina Mon 02-Nov-20 15:58:50

Thank you @Laska2Meryls!

Spottyegg Mon 02-Nov-20 16:36:06

Thanks for new thread! I caved and bought the graphic yoke jumper when it appeared in a small (oat/charcoal) - and got a Xmas bauble as well grin

Saurus72 Mon 02-Nov-20 17:06:11

Oooh @Spottyegg I’ve been looking at the gorgeous painted baubles, very tempted!

I bought this which I’m really pleased with www.toa.st/uk/product/homeware/6xpba/angela+harding+advent+calendar.htm

MrsCat1 Mon 02-Nov-20 17:21:26

Hello fellow Toast addicts. I've been following the threads and have just bought this dress, although nowhere to wear it at the moment. It does look nice though!

https://www.toa.st/uk/product/womens+dresses+and+tunics/c1pdg/zadie+foulard+print+dress.htm?clr=C1PDGSlatee_sw

I am now eying up the Christmas decorations.

Ellapaella Mon 02-Nov-20 17:57:59

@MrsCat1 I love that dress, and I really love how they've styled it with the dark red merino jumper.

MrsCat1 Mon 02-Nov-20 18:39:12

@Ellapaella. Yes it does look lovely with that dark red jumper. Sadly that is over my budget. I have a teal coloured poncho that it looks nice with.

Countmeout Mon 02-Nov-20 18:51:11

Yay! 🙋🏻‍♀️
Thanks @Laska2Meryls

Thank you @Ellapaella and @AuldFox on last thread, I think that dress might sell out too but you never know. I certainly wouldn’t have had it if I hadn’t enough in eBay sales , save £5 to buy it.

@Saurus72
saw that advent calendar, though it might be nice instead/as well as a spendy one.
You’ll have to report on the bauble @Spottyegg
Has anyone been temped by the wee parcels?
Love that dress @MrsCat1, maybe the jumper will be in the sale.

faustina Mon 02-Nov-20 19:09:25

I was just sitting here, thinking the world's gone down the plughole but at least it's cold enough now to wear my lovely fair isle shetland jumper - and I notice that it's back in stock if anyone else wants it!

Can I ask for some washing instruction advice? It's for my Kin needlecord dress. I haven't washed it yet - does this mean no tumble drying? and no line drying either?

Saurus72 Mon 02-Nov-20 19:40:59

@Countmeout ha yes I ostensibly bought it for my OH (he loves owls and arty things) but in reality I bought it because I couldn’t resist it but I’ve already bought myself a L’occitane one. I bought my mum the rabbit version today too. Too lovely to resist but everyone is going to need cheering things in lockdown.

So so tempted by the little parcels - will probably order tomorrow 🙄😊

AuldFox Mon 02-Nov-20 19:41:09

faustina if you line dry, the water will accumulate at the lowest points and pull your jumper out of shape. I suggest dry it flat on a large towel.

AuldFox Mon 02-Nov-20 19:43:07

Also, if you have a 5 minute wool/delicates cycle on your tumble dryer, you can use that first to take a bit of the water out. But literally should be 5 mins on that cycle only, or you risk shrinking it.

Gonegrey31 Mon 02-Nov-20 19:44:05

Well I've bought the Falling Leaves dress, unfortunately have to wait to nearly the end of the month for it - here's hoping it might appear rather sooner.
Now got to sit on my hands and firmly resist any other purchases! My thinking is that I have many Toast old favourites in my wardrobe that come out year after year, so in cost-per-wear calculation, I can justify it...and I'm miserable at the thought of a winter lock down, separated from my beloved dd (studying abroad)

Laska2Meryls Mon 02-Nov-20 20:25:53

Oooh I like the parcels too.. Sad to have missed the Advent Calendar though. sad

OublietteBravo Mon 02-Nov-20 20:32:25

@faustina
Triangle with a cross through it = do not bleach
Circle in a square with a cross through it = do not tumble dry
Iron with a cross through it = do not iron
Circle with a cross through it = do not dry clean
(GCSE Home Economics wink)

faustina Mon 02-Nov-20 20:55:15

@OublietteBravo - thank you so much!

@AuldFox - apologies for confusion - the washing label is for the needlecord dress

how can I not iron that?? It sounds a bit mad!

Laska2Meryls Mon 02-Nov-20 20:59:45

I'd iron it on the reverse Faustina - Having said that I have not worn mine yet. Tried it on today ( rather sadly), thinking: "Shall I send you back? when will I get the chance to wear you?"....
So far I am keeping, because I really d love it....

Craftycorvid Mon 02-Nov-20 21:05:17

Yes, iron needlecord on the ‘wrong’ side, Faustina either with steam if the fabric has dried completely, or iron it a bit damp. I’d machine wash on a cool cycle, inside out, and line dry.

Laska2Meryls Mon 02-Nov-20 21:15:03

Ellapaella that slate/red Zadie dress and red round collar merino jumper combo is fab.. I saw that on the model at the York shop ( which I was lucky enough to visit on holiday recently )..

You would look so fab in that combo.. (^Laska Enabling^.. gringringrin)

AuldFox Mon 02-Nov-20 21:39:34

faustina

*@OublietteBravo* - thank you so much!

@AuldFox - apologies for confusion - the washing label is for the needlecord dress

how can I not iron that?? It sounds a bit mad!

Whoops sorry, I misread and thought you were talking about your jumper!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in