Talk

Advanced search

Shellac Nails off for lockdown?

(10 Posts)
onwardswego Sun 01-Nov-20 00:31:57

Due to get nails done on Tuesday. Deciding whether to get them taken off or redone. What are you doing?

OP’s posts: |
Alez Sun 01-Nov-20 08:16:58

I had dip powder done a few days ago so will be keeping them on. It lasts a bit longer than shellac (though you do get grow out, my nails grow so much less in winter), so might just be ok til the end of lockdown assuming it is just a month. Last time I had to remove acrylics at home, which was a nightmare but I've removed shellac myself easily enough. I would just make sure you have all the stuff to do that - proper acetone, some of those clips are good, cotton wool, decent heavy duty file. You can also get at home gel kits too!

Rollergirl11 Sun 01-Nov-20 08:49:26

I would still have them done. But then I do have a tendency to pick my shellac off rather than take it off properly. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

JaceLancs Sun 01-Nov-20 10:21:57

I’m hoping to get mine redone Tuesday or Wednesday - they should last 4 weeks
I have all the kit to do them myself if we are in lockdown for longer - but doesn’t last as long when I do them myself

FredaFox Sun 01-Nov-20 11:36:13

I'm getting mine redone on Wednesday, having my nails shorter than normal and will hope for the best, 4 weeks growth won't be too bad

DisgruntledGuineaPig Sun 01-Nov-20 11:41:11

I've booked to just have mine taken off tomorrow.

Not convinced it'll only be 4 weeks, if it is, great I'll get them re done on 2nd December.

onwardswego Sun 01-Nov-20 11:46:50

Thanks everyone. This is a strange question but does anyone worry about subungal melanoma? I usually have the shellac infills but after a recent mole scare I had decided to go back to the normal shellacs this week (where you get to see your nails each time). Only problem is infills last me a month whereas the usual shellacs last me about three weeks at best. Confused now which to have....

OP’s posts: |
FredaFox Sun 01-Nov-20 16:58:41

I never have infills I have them removed and freshly applied every 3 weeks

claire697 Sun 01-Nov-20 22:51:04

Couldn't find enough about melanoma risk, so bought fingerless UV protection gloves where just the tips are missing.

Alez Tue 03-Nov-20 08:29:29

If you're worried about UV you should dry the dip powder. It doesn't use light to set.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in