Talk

Advanced search

I need some really good tweezers and magnifying mirror

(16 Posts)
CuntingSeal Sat 31-Oct-20 18:05:48

To tweeze my chin hairs / eyebrows and other delights
I managed to lose my faithful tweezers and need someone to recommend a good pair that grip short hairs .
Also lost my magnifying mirror . Not a good day for me .
Preferably that I can get on Amazon / mail order .

OP’s posts: |
TheTurnOfTheScrew Sat 31-Oct-20 18:07:41

tweezerman
get 'em at Boots online. they will pluck the shortest of hairs. I have two pairs, so scared am I of losing or misplacing mine even for just a day.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 31-Oct-20 18:30:14

YY to Tweezerman.
Straight edged ( I have to angled ones) and Pointed end ( for really fiddly teeny hairs)
I bought a Twezerman 15x magnify mirror too

It is the stuff of horrors when you start looking !

Theluggage15 Sat 31-Oct-20 18:34:51

I got the simple human mirror. Expensive but brilliant!

travailtotravel Sat 31-Oct-20 18:36:12

I got a Brill magnifying mirror on Amazon- with a light in it, so I can see the hairs in full technicolor. Yes to tweezerman too.

Gingernaut Sat 31-Oct-20 18:38:02

Boots also do magnifying mirrors.

I have two Tweezerman tweezers and a magnifying compact mirror (12x) which is Blu-tacked to the middle of an illuminated mirror.

chipsandpeas Sat 31-Oct-20 18:40:41

i got the scariest magnifier mirror from primark by mistake, i just wanted a decent sized mirror one side is normal and the other is the magnifier - scary seeing myself up that close

tweezers - im using real techniques i got in a eye brow set

justgeton Sat 31-Oct-20 18:41:43

Tweerman are excellent

CuntingSeal Sat 31-Oct-20 18:43:39

Looks like tweezeeman are worth the spend then .

A good pair of tweezers is essential . I am very upset I lost mine

Girlintheframe Sat 31-Oct-20 19:23:10

Tweezerman definitely worth the money. I've had mine for years now.
I got a magnifying mirror from Biots. It's just a suction one that stuck onto tile/mirror etc. I needed extra extra zoom grin

NotMaryWhitehouse Sat 31-Oct-20 19:41:16

I have two pairs of tweezerman- one regular size for at home which I've probably had for ten years or so, one small pair in my handbag for work-based middle age chin emergencies.....

CuntingSeal Sat 31-Oct-20 19:46:06

I carry my tweezers everywhere hence the loss . They fell out of my bag in a restaurant I think .

I also have a pact with a friend .... if I am incapacitated she will deal with my tweezing . That is an essential arrangement to make

JaceLancs Sat 31-Oct-20 20:43:25

I have tweezerman tweezers they are fab but I prefer their 10x magnification mirror as I find the 15 distorts for some reason

EastonSarah Sat 31-Oct-20 20:46:03

The Rubis tweezers are even better than the Tweezerman ones!

nancybotwinbloom Sat 31-Oct-20 20:59:01

I asked about tweezers on here a few weeks back. Tweezerman are amazeballs. They get everything. They are hidden from everyone, my family don't even know I have a set. They are sharp AF.

travailtotravel Sun 01-Nov-20 10:57:58

I tend to forget that real life people don't have 10x magnifying eyes. It's a refreshing reminder to look in a normal mirror every now and then and know what other people see!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in