Talk

Advanced search

Midi-Dress + Tights

(15 Posts)
MilkshakeandChips5 Fri 30-Oct-20 09:16:10

Hoping for some style wisdom...

I bought this dress just before lockdown and I've never actually got round to wearing it (with the whole not going anywhere thing).

I still love it and it's beyond flattering but I'm really struggling with how to style it in the winter. I just cannot get away with bare legs and black boots - it looks awful on me and I hate being cold. Could I wear black tights and ankle boots? Or is that too frumpy?

THANKS

OP’s posts: |
MolotovMocktail Fri 30-Oct-20 11:20:56

I’d wear it with black tights and black ankle boots, or black knee high boots.

ArranBound Fri 30-Oct-20 12:07:52

I'd go with black, knee high boots.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Fri 30-Oct-20 12:08:40

I struggle with a "block" of colour with a midi dress, so the only way I can make them work in winter is grey tights - could you try that? I have really nice charcoal grey marl ones from Oliver Bonas. Another option would be nude tights, but that is too cold for me at this time of year!

StarlightLady Fri 30-Oct-20 13:41:12

Nice dress! Cold bare legs = blue legs; not pretty.

I secon the sugestion of black or grey tights as mentioned previously by others would work well. Nude tights would be nice too, it it’s an infoor event.

WonderMoon Fri 30-Oct-20 13:54:11

Some midi dresses I wouldn't wear with tights as I don't think they look right but I think this dress would look lovely worn with some opaque blk tights and chunky boots.

Prettybubblesintheair Fri 30-Oct-20 14:05:02

I love that is it from next? I’d wear it with knee high black boots or black tights and ankle boots. If I was feeling particularly snazzy and brave I’d wear bottle green tights and ankle boots.

MilkshakeandChips5 Fri 30-Oct-20 14:05:06

Thank you so much everyone! I feel like I've totally lost my confidence in terms of style and I think so much of looking good is confidence so it's nice to have some reassurance and I love the idea of grey tights!

Prettybubblesintheair Fri 30-Oct-20 14:09:55

Do you mind telling me where it’s from please? X

MilkshakeandChips5 Fri 30-Oct-20 17:19:28

It's from Mint Velvet! They have a winter version too which is also lovely. It feels so nice on, not too heavy despite long sleeves. Anddd it's flattering on the stomach. I'm petite and a size 10 / 5,4 but carry all my weight on my belly. Can get away with it in this dress!

MilkshakeandChips5 Fri 30-Oct-20 17:20:21

I also got it in the sale, it was originally £119 but I ended up paying £69. Still expensive but good quality and lined!

Snackasaurus Fri 30-Oct-20 17:57:32

@MilkshakeandChips5 I'd wear tights with that! But I'm at the stage where I don't care what I look like, I just like to be warm! grin

KittyWindbag Fri 30-Oct-20 23:03:52

Black tights or even a block cookout opaque pair would look cool.

Also chunky socks with boots.

KittyWindbag Fri 30-Oct-20 23:04:28

Colour * ffs

Prettybubblesintheair Sat 31-Oct-20 10:05:16

Thanks op! It is gorgeous, and great you got it for £89!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in