Talk

Advanced search

Cystic acne

(8 Posts)
didireallysaythat Thu 29-Oct-20 22:46:14

I used to get hormonal cystic acne on my chin prior to finding a contraceptive pill that fixed all that. Then I moved to coil, and now I've got a coil and estrogen gel as HRT.

And my acne is back. I'd forgotten what it's like to have lumps the size of peas on my chin for 4+ weeks.

How do I get rid of them ??

OP’s posts: |
whatsbinhappnin Thu 29-Oct-20 22:49:32

Following as I hace the same cystic hormonal acne on my cheeks/jaw!

My skin was perfect when I was on the pill...

Wanderlust2020 Thu 29-Oct-20 22:49:34

Ask your doctor about spironolactone it's prescribed to women for acne. Or if not back to the contraceptive pill? Why did u stop it?

didireallysaythat Thu 29-Oct-20 23:05:25

@Wanderlust2020 I'm almost 50 so I'm not sure the pill is indicated for me - and I have to admit that the coil is fab. Not having periods and all that faff is great. I was hoping that HRT would set my straight again.

I'll email ask my gp about spironolactone - I don't think they are doing in person apts for anything that isn't critical.

OP’s posts: |
DrMadelineMaxwell Thu 29-Oct-20 23:09:24

I didn't have it with the combined pill, nor when I was first put on the mini pill (migraines) but then they swapped me out for a cheaper version of the same pill and I got lots of acne. It's miserable, I sympathise.

I asked for a different type of pill to try and they swapped me to one with a different active ingredient and I've not had the acne since. Phew.

bettyskitchen Fri 30-Oct-20 07:44:22

I dab a tiny bit of The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% when I feel a “spot” coming and that tends to nip it in the bud provided I don’t touch it.

floorplanner Fri 30-Oct-20 07:47:44

I've been taking Dim supplements for about 3-4 weeks now and this is the first month I haven't had any chin lumps of doom. Was a bit sceptical but there might be something to it.

I'm not on any other medication or implants BTW.

Todayisgood2 Fri 30-Oct-20 07:49:29

Apple cider vinegar tabs work for me

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in