Talk

Advanced search

Rock chic ?

(14 Posts)
FippertyGibbett Wed 28-Oct-20 16:43:43

I’m early 50’s and size 14/16.
I’m not the leather jacket, leather pants and a band T-shirt type.
I’m looking for some pieces of clothes/jewellery that will give a slight nod to my one true love of rock music.
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
freezedriedromance Wed 28-Oct-20 16:46:26

Not sure what your budget is, but Thomas Sabo has some "rock chic" pieces.

RoseandViolet Wed 28-Oct-20 16:59:15

Try Free People; especially for jewellery

Liminalstate Wed 28-Oct-20 17:19:25

I'm not sure what price range you're looking at but if I had some money to spend I would go with TheGreatFrog for jewellery www.thegreatfroglondon.com/

Ginkypig Wed 28-Oct-20 17:25:50

Have a look on EMP @FippertyGibbett

There is a lot of the band T-shirt or leather jacket type stuff as obviously that’s popular but there are also some really lovely other clothes. My favourite coat is from there!
They have a lot of accessories and jewellery etc too but costume not fine jewellery.

Sara2000 Wed 28-Oct-20 19:27:10

All Saints

MikeUniformMike Wed 28-Oct-20 19:35:06

French brands like Isabel Marant Etoile and Comptoir de Cotoniers

247SylviaPlath Wed 28-Oct-20 19:43:25

Bloody Mary Metal for jewellery... amazing stuff

Grapefruitcauliflower Wed 28-Oct-20 20:35:00

Google pics of Emmanuelle Alt. On the preppier side of rock chic, but I think she gets it so right. Probably helps to be skinny and French though! I think that sort of look (well-cut jackets, quality boots, decent jeans) can easily be “rocked up” with the right accessories without being too in-yer-face.

I also second All Saints - quite expensive but I’ve found some lovely grown-up-goth type pieces on eBay over the years.

WeCameToDance Thu 29-Oct-20 07:03:18

Oooh this thread is speaking my language! My two true loves The Great Frog and Bloody Mary Metal have been mentioned grin.
Regal Rose and Empty Casket do similar style jewellery to the aforementioned but a bit more budget friendly. If you want to go all out though... Tessa Metcalfe. Her jewellery is unbelievably beautiful.
I like All Saints for more basic/classic pieces. They do classic styles in slightly edgier colours than you can usually find.
I love Killstar, Disturbia and Hallow Collective for more out there styles. Hallow source vintage band shirts as well so if your into classic rock there a good find.
Finally a good pair of docs!

Deathraystare Fri 30-Oct-20 11:36:53

247SylviaPlath

OOOH you beaut! No only are these styles I love but they would fit my fat fingers too!!!

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 30-Oct-20 17:23:22

Gorgeous ideas here. I've found a lot of nice pieces on Etsy. SilverRainJewellry comes to mind.

StormyInTheNorth Fri 30-Oct-20 17:35:55

Remember Bam from Dogs D'Amour and very early Wildhearts... well anything from his shop. www.etsy.com/uk/shop/bamtastic

FippertyGibbett Sat 31-Oct-20 05:40:54

Thanks everyone. I’ve ordered a top from EMP as a start, and there’s some Thomas Sabo going on my Xmas list.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in