Talk

Advanced search

Good quality basics

(10 Posts)
Sara2000 Wed 28-Oct-20 04:01:12

I am coming up to 50 and have decided a change of look is needed. In part influenced by watching Emily in Paris grin, I want to look smarter and more put together.

Where can I get good quality tailored clothes made of natural fabrics with a bit of a french twist. I am thinking of slim leg trousers , well fitting Jeans, shirts , jumpers, a coat, well made shoes (but I have wide feet),bags. I have had a look on the Sezane website which is a good start.

I am also on a mission to lose 3 stone to achieve this look..smile

OP’s posts: |
Thinkle Wed 28-Oct-20 10:44:16

Uniqlo for sure.

Oly4 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:52:20

White Company and Jaeger for timeless pieces

Pythone Wed 28-Oct-20 12:06:32

Anne Fontaine for investment shirts.

Pigeon31 Wed 28-Oct-20 15:59:49

M&S Autograph do nice quality stuff (can be a bit variable as to the design/ colours). I like Baukjen for basics also.

Sasuma Thu 29-Oct-20 03:16:08

I have lots from Sezane and find the quality really good, so definitely there. Have you checked out some of the other French brands like Rouje, Sandro, Maje, ba&sh....?

Also places like Massimo Dutti, Joseph, Reiss can have some good classic pieces and thinks like silky blouses, fitted trousers etc.

I like The Curated and Max Mara for coats, depending on budget - but plenty similar styles on the high street.

I agree places like Uniqlo are good for basics but I’m not sure if that’s what you’re looking for if you want to go for a more dressy/feminine vibe. Mostly when I’ve looked at Uniqlo it’s plain tees and jumpers.

JMAngel1 Thu 29-Oct-20 04:32:04

Ooh are you aiming to look like Sylvie? She is so stylish!
I've been trying to emulate her and picked up some drapey skirts and satin shirts - I don't have the budget for high quality but I'm happy with what I've got so far.

Sara2000 Thu 29-Oct-20 06:34:12

Thanm you all. I do love Sylvie and she has indeed made me think I am a frump.
Theres life in this old girl yet.

SpeckledyHen Thu 29-Oct-20 06:37:52

Uniqlo merino and cashmere knitwear.

Sara2000 Thu 29-Oct-20 06:45:50

Thank you, ordered a cashmere jumper from Uniqlo yesterday. I have never spent £70 on a jumper before. shock

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in