Talk

Advanced search

Are there any miracle products that can turn rough dried hair into a hairstyle?

(15 Posts)
iwanttolookbetter Tue 27-Oct-20 23:21:55

I have to wash my hair every day and don't have a lot of time for styling. I rough dry it upside down partly because it's one of the few things that seems to reliably add a bit of volume (Babyliss Big Hair etc. don't work - they kill the volume completely) but partly also because I just don't have time for anything else. So can anyone recommend any miracle products that are capable of turning rough dried hair into an actual hair style? I have quite a lot of hair and I try to keep it a little dry for volume as I've never found a better way of keeping it from getting flat. All recommendations appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
PickAChew Tue 27-Oct-20 23:26:31

Mousse might be helpful. Tames frizz a little but doesn't take away volume.

iwanttolookbetter Tue 27-Oct-20 23:27:52

Any particular kind of mousse PickAChew?

iwanttolookbetter Wed 28-Oct-20 10:25:13

Or anyone else?

waltzingparrot Wed 28-Oct-20 16:18:27

Vitapointe has been around since the 50s which shows it works. You just warm a bit rubbing between your palms and smooth over hair . It doesn't give you a miracle style but it smooths and shines the dryness.

Hailingfrequenciesopen Wed 28-Oct-20 16:41:33

You used to be able to get salt spray for beachy waves on rough dried hair. It might be a bit drying tough if it's still available.

I have semi curly hair or my bird nest as I call it. I am leaving it curly for winter to avoid hiding from every drop of rain. I brush it out when it's wet, add argan oil to the ends and leave it in a towel about half an hour. Then I add volumising mousse and either give it a quick diffuser dry (it gets big!) and sleep on it or I let it dry naturally before bed. The next day I spray it with water and scrunch it and get rid of any hard bits the mousse left and I'm ready, for what it's worth.

Hailingfrequenciesopen Wed 28-Oct-20 16:42:31

I meant for what it's worth as in the curls fall where they may.

It sounded like I was saying here's my opinion, for what it's worth, I wasn't being cheeky smile

Varenne Thu 29-Oct-20 07:47:43

I've just started using Pantene Waterless curl reshaping cream. I put it on my frizzy, slept-on hair and it smooths it into nice waves. No sticky or crunchy issues, really impressed by it

iwanttolookbetter Thu 29-Oct-20 14:44:28

I bought loads of salt sprays a few years bck Hailing as I'd had some success with a free sample my mum got from somewhere but was never able to recreate the same look. I might give them another try though. Your routine sounds like it gets a lovely result but I fear it may be too time consuming for me!

Vitapointe and the Pantene cream sound really promising - I'll definitely check them out - thanks Varenne and Waltzing!

BinkyBoinky Thu 29-Oct-20 17:41:23

waltzingparrot

Vitapointe has been around since the 50s which shows it works. You just warm a bit rubbing between your palms and smooth over hair . It doesn't give you a miracle style but it smooths and shines the dryness.

I used to use this in my 20s. Didn't know it was still around! It's kind of like a moisturiser for frizzy hair. These days I use Garnier Hair Food which I think does a similar thing. I love it

fiorentina Thu 29-Oct-20 22:02:06

I would also say sea salt spray. Damp hair, a spray, running fingers through or scrunching and my long bob can look more ‘done’.

iwanttolookbetter Fri 30-Oct-20 00:25:45

Had a session with the salt spray this evening - got my Tony & Guy one out (green bottle) but couldn't achieve anything with it at all. Never know how many times to persist with a product before losing hope, abandoning it and moving on...what one do you use fiorentina?

fiorentina Sat 07-Nov-20 14:24:38

I do use the same one. I scrunch and leave to dry and it works for me.
Sorry it isn’t helping you. I also have a Dyson Airwrap for actual curls

iwanttolookbetter Sat 07-Nov-20 17:13:31

Do you use it on wet hair fiorentina? And how much scrunching do you do?

BlowThisForEggAndSoldiers Sat 07-Nov-20 18:25:23

I haven't used it in a while, but I used to love Evo Root Canal for this.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in