Talk

Advanced search

Best discovery this year - let's share

(31 Posts)
TinyBarista Sun 25-Oct-20 08:10:56

Last month I finally got round to trying a Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Primer that I got in a Christmas (!) gift set.

It is total game changer and definitely my best discovery of the year. My mascara (Benefit Bad Gal Bang) goes on so much better, need to use less and stays perfect all day with no smudging or panda eyes.

What has been your best find this year so far?

OP’s posts: |
Girlintheframe Sun 25-Oct-20 08:24:39

My best find was given to me as a gift. Bare minerals complexion rescue. I love it!
It's a tinted moisturiser but does so much more than other ones I've tried.
Leaves my skin glowy, blurred (iyswim) and really natural. Just look like I have healthy skin. It's fab!

TinyBarista Mon 26-Oct-20 19:50:02

That's a great recommendation, might have to invest in that one - could do with a good tinted moisturiser

OP’s posts: |
DumDaDumDum Mon 26-Oct-20 20:11:42

Futuredew - Glossier. Amazing. At 35 I don’t have to wear any foundation anymore,

CarpeVitam Mon 26-Oct-20 20:15:34

I second Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue!

DoraemonDingDong Mon 26-Oct-20 20:18:55

La Roche Posay Effaclar moisturiser, I use it on my t-zone and have not had any spots in 3 months (I used to get monthly spots on my chin around the time of my period).

user1471464218 Mon 26-Oct-20 20:58:21

Twice weekly/ weekly mini facial at home. I use a balm cleanser, a pixi glow product, a face mask and rosehip oil and a moisturiser. No new products, but using them all in one go is new and it works.

Suzysleep Mon 26-Oct-20 21:03:38

Paula's Choice 2% BHA exfoliant. The only thing to ever make a real difference to my acne - apart from pregnancy. Not cheap but cheaper than having lots of babies for the pregnancy skin would be smile

Othering Mon 26-Oct-20 23:29:24

Olaplex No 0. Amazing stuff, especially when combined with no 3. Totally transformed my hair.

CommanderBurnham Mon 26-Oct-20 23:40:54

Ooooooooooooo. Been looking at olaplex 0....

YY to complexion rescue and Paula's BHA.

I'm stuck I a routine at the moment so nothing to report this year as this is The Year Of Using Things Up.

Zengarden001 Tue 27-Oct-20 06:45:18

Bare minerals complexion rescue. Great stuff, it provides just the right amount of coverage for me, lasts well and doesn't look heavy.

ZaraW Tue 27-Oct-20 07:44:21

Sarah Chapman face steamer, my skin is glowing.

Gatekeeper Tue 27-Oct-20 11:23:08

@DumDaDumDum is it greasy on your face?

princessbear80 Tue 27-Oct-20 12:08:46

I might have to give that primer a go op. I’ve recently started using benefit mascara and I do tend to get panda eyes.

My best product this year is a subscription from Dermatica. They’ve prescribed me tretinoin with hydraquinone (I think that’s what it’s called) and it’s really reduced my sun/age brown spots.

Graffitiqueen Tue 27-Oct-20 14:36:40

Paula's Choice 2% BHA exfoliant too. Got it in an advent calendar and purchased more!

AsPerMyLastEmail Tue 27-Oct-20 14:55:04

Placemarking!

ImEatingVeryHealthilyOhYes Tue 27-Oct-20 15:16:52

The ordinary squalane, my skin just drinks it up.

If I can also have a technique discovery smile it’s using a little brush to cover my dark circles with my usual max factor foundation powder. Stays put and doesn’t crease/make skin look drier, which all my previous dark circle covering attempts have done

DumDaDumDum Tue 27-Oct-20 17:16:58

@Gatekeeper nope. Use after skincare. Pop on. Leave. Then make up if required.

I think it’s the perfect product. I have lash extensions and I pop this on, do eyebrows and leave the house.

lindyloo57 Tue 27-Oct-20 17:44:12

@ImEatingVeryHealthilyOhYes I use the max factor powder foundation i love it, what color do you use for covering the dark circles

Gatekeeper Tue 27-Oct-20 17:50:37

Cheers @DumDaDumDum I am heavily fancying it as I really dont like wearing foundation anymore at 56 but .need a bit of help

BaconAndAvocado Tue 27-Oct-20 19:11:27

Love Maybelline False Effect mascara, so good it gives my upper lids an eyeliner finish IYSWIM.

Was 2 for £12 at superdrug.

Ellapaella Tue 27-Oct-20 19:49:32

Oskia Nutri Bronze serum. Ridiculously expensive but absolutely amazing - a total game changer for me.

SliceOfFriedGold Tue 27-Oct-20 19:55:35

I re-discovered (hope that counts!) Clinique Take The Day Off. Used to love Clinique in the 90s; then I had children and couldn't justify the cost. It's so much better than the micellar water I was using.

And a proper discovery - Cheeky Wipes baby wipes (bought when toilet paper was scarce as a back-up plan, never actually used for that purpose!) as reusable eye make-up cloths to go with Take The Day Off, instead of cotton wool.

BeBraveAndBeKind Wed 28-Oct-20 09:07:11

Collosol Eau de lait cleansing milk. Removes all make up including stubborn mascara, leaves skin super soft and a little goes a long way (which is good because it costs more than I'd usually pay for a cleanser). I got it from The French Pharmacy website which is full of lovely French beauty products.

dopenguinsdance Wed 28-Oct-20 09:31:42

Redken hair products. Went to a new hairdresser recently and it was a complete game changer. Redken colour is fabulous - looks totally natural and leaves hair in great condition. No nasty chemically smells! Redken colour extend and all soft shampoo/conditioner - a little goes a long way and the truly amazing Windswept hairspray. Seriously, I've had complete strangers complimenting me and my go asked if she could have my hair
grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in