Talk

Advanced search

Best moisturiser for 50 year old with dull oily skin and the odd spot

(10 Posts)
StormyLovesOdd Wed 16-Sep-20 19:12:39

I don't usually use moisturiser but feel that now I'm 50 I should to try to help keep the wrinkles at bay. I use miscella water to cleanse my skin morning and evening but I need help my skin is so dull

I've tried Olay and it made my eyes sore, Simple was okay but seemed to make my skin look oily after a couple of hours.

I get the odd spot but not too bad and don't have many wrinkles (yet) probably because my skin is oily

Can anyone recommend something to help.

OP’s posts: |
Nanasueathome Wed 16-Sep-20 19:15:12

What price range are you looking at?
There are hundreds of moisturisers out there so maybe give an idea of what you are looking for
Glowy?
Matte?
Softening?

StormyLovesOdd Wed 16-Sep-20 19:19:03

Price range up to about £25. I'm always glowey due to my age and "the hot flushes" so Matt would probably be better I think. I'm so shiny and oily

Nanasueathome Wed 16-Sep-20 20:32:04

Have a look at the Pixi range
They sell it in Boots and M&S, often with special offers

Mrsbclinton Wed 16-Sep-20 20:34:27

The la roche posay range is fantastic. The effaclar matt moisturiser would be suitable for oily skin.

HighBrows Wed 16-Sep-20 20:36:14

I really like Clinque moisture surge intense.
I'm 45 and my skin is decent.

HighBrows Wed 16-Sep-20 20:37:37

Sorry ignore my suggestion if you've oily skin. I should read every word and not skim blush

StormyLovesOdd Wed 16-Sep-20 20:54:23

Thank you, will have a look at all of these xx

OllysArmy Wed 16-Sep-20 20:59:05

My 50+ skin is still more oily than dry with a chance of spots, I can’t use anything rich or age appropriate on my face.
My current go to is Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream with SPF 20 in the summer and without in the winter when I rarely go outside.
Working from home this is all I use every morning. If I have to do a client call or go into the office I add a little make up

StormyLovesOdd Wed 16-Sep-20 21:36:28

Olly - your skin sounds like mine, I do think the oil helps reduce the wrinkles though so it's not all bad xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in