Talk

Advanced search

Easy & quick make up suggestions

(8 Posts)
Serendipper Fri 11-Sep-20 19:02:13

I’m about to have a 2nd baby so my time to beautify is going to be cut pretty short.

I’m looking to sort a small make up bag that I can keep in the car or changing bag with bare essentials that I can chuck on easily and quick so I don’t look as permanently exhausted and I will be.

I need some sort of easy apply base (good skin but a bit dry and some redness)

Under eye concealer

Mascara

Cheek colour (ideally blusher/bronzer)

Lip colour (I usually prefer lipstick but can look a bit too “done” )

Any suggestions or links to YouTube videos?

Not on a budget as such, skin is pale and suits cool pinky tones!

Thanks anyone!

OP’s posts: |
ChequerBoard Fri 11-Sep-20 20:08:53

I have a small makeup bag with my 5 minute face kit in it. Right now, it contains:

Code 8 Radiate BB Cream NC15
Code 8 Seamless Cover Skin Perfecting Concealer NC10
Glossier Boy Brow in brown
Glossier Lash Slick Mascara in brown
Trinny London Flush Blush in Electra
Trinny London Eye2Eye in Victory
By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm

I am pale, with cool toned skin (MAC NC15) and this gives me a healthy skin, no make-up, make-up look

BatleyTownswomensGuild Fri 11-Sep-20 20:10:32

Really recommend Glossier Cloud Paint for cheeks and Glossier Lidstar for eyes. So easy to apply and you can layer the colour if you want.

herrcomesthenamechanger Fri 11-Sep-20 21:20:58

I don't know how well it would work for dry skin but I'm using double wear powder foundation and it's so easy to apply

(After that all I add is eyeliner, currently rimmel)

AHippoNamedBooBooButt Fri 11-Sep-20 22:33:41

My mini make up kit is Laura mercier tinted moisturiser, hourglass highlighter, urban decay basics eyeshadow palette and a lipstick and mascara (just cheap ones from primark).

Serendipper Fri 11-Sep-20 22:52:33

@ChequerBoard ooh I’ve not heard of code 8 before, sounds amazing but can’t quite justify the cost without trying a sample first.
I have just ordered the glossier mascara!
@BatleyTownswomensGuild my glossier order comes with a sample of two cloud paint colours, can’t wait to try those! Seems ideal.
@herrcomesthenamechanger powder never really works for me, I’ve been using the Estée Lauder double wear water foundation for a while but as usual when I like something they have discontinued it!
@AHippoNamedBooBooButt oh that Laura mercier base sounds lovely, will do some more research!

Thanks all lots of ideas and brands to try!

OP’s posts: |
Scarydinosaurs Fri 11-Sep-20 22:57:49

YSL do a CC cream that covers really nicely and is lightweight. I use it on days I don’t want foundation on.

SoManyActivities Fri 11-Sep-20 22:58:19

I was going to suggest Glossier Cloud Paint for lips and cheeks, especially if you want something that doesn't look to 'done' on the lips. I have the shades Dusk and Haze and mix them up etc and I really like them.

And alternative that I haven't tried but gets good reviews is Daniel Sandler watercolour blush.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in