Talk

Advanced search

Stylish autumn jacket

(6 Posts)
ChooksAndBooks Fri 04-Sep-20 10:20:41

I have a practical light raincoat and many warm hoodies and things for dog walking, but I don't have a jacket that I could wear if I was going shopping or out for a meal.

Can anyone recommend anything?

I'm 5 ft 3 and pear shaped.

OP’s posts: |
ChooksAndBooks Sun 06-Sep-20 19:14:16

Bump.

OP’s posts: |
Beebumble2 Sun 06-Sep-20 19:52:44

I don’t know what your budget is, but for those occasions I would wear a leather jacket. They can be dressed up or down and usually get better with age.

fiorentina Sun 06-Sep-20 20:52:00

Shopping have you thought of a shacket/wool shirt? Lots of those around this season and they can be very handy.
For dinner I usually wear a leather jacket or maybe a smart casual blazer depending upon the venue?
I do also have a couple of trench coats but as I wear them to work tend not to for casual as I like to keep wardrobe separate!

Gillybobs Sun 06-Sep-20 22:24:06

Something like this would be really versatile and cosy

www.stories.com/en_gbp/clothing/blazers/product.oversized-wool-blend-tailored-blazer-brown.0803800001.html?utm_source=Lyst+UK/EU&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=56041&utm_content=15&utm_term=808482&ranMID=41994&ranEAID=gcdL/ATRVoE&ranSiteID=gcdL_ATRVoE-Yr2jl7yObxOvQxUrn_kcWw

MaverickDanger Sun 06-Sep-20 22:27:32

Definitely a wool shirt or blazer.

I love the one Gillybobs has linked, or Mango/Topshop have done slightly cheaper versions in recent years - not wool though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in