Talk

Advanced search

Has any one tried this gel nail polish?

(10 Posts)
MsEllany Sun 30-Aug-20 23:58:04

Manicurist - it says that it can be removed like normal polish which appeals to me as it's only the removal of gel polish that puts me off. I'm loath to pay for a kit though without some decent reviews - obviously I can see the reviews on the site but I want some from women I 'know'!

OP’s posts: |
Flymetothesun Mon 31-Aug-20 07:43:24

Watching with interest. I don't do gels because it wrecks my nails and I can't wear it for work.

MsEllany Mon 31-Aug-20 12:05:15

I love the idea of these. Apply a base nude and then just maintenance every couple of weeks - my nails are so thin and gross at the moment and I know nail polish remover isn’t helping but everything just peels and needs replacing really quickly.

I’m considering buying but I’m £180 down this month after backing into someone’s car blush so don’t really feel I deserve a treat.

MsEllany Mon 31-Aug-20 12:07:12

Oh, I did read through a lot of the reviews yesterday. Basically none of them mention the method of removal which seems a little suspish to me.

Mrsmophead Mon 31-Aug-20 13:43:45

Mygel. You paint it on gelish or gel paint after you buff and it takes it off for you. My sis swears by it. I can't comment on your link, I'm not familiar with that brand.

EmmaStone Mon 31-Aug-20 14:17:12

Have you tried the Essie 'gels' (they are in a twisted bottle, and then you finish with the white twisted bottle as the top coat)? I think they're brilliant, and only £8-£10 I think.

barberousbarbara Mon 31-Aug-20 15:12:02

EmmaStone

Have you tried the Essie 'gels' (they are in a twisted bottle, and then you finish with the white twisted bottle as the top coat)? I think they're brilliant, and only £8-£10 I think.

I second Essie gel couture. I used them while having chemotherapy and they lasted well.

damnthatanxiety Mon 31-Aug-20 15:50:49

I have also been intrigued about Green Flash. It is hard to find reviews other than on their site which always leaves me suspicious. The one review I did find seemed to suggest that the product wears better than traditional varnish but not as well as actual gels. I can't find much on what the remover is made of as it is not acetone. The one review I found did say it came off really easily with the remover. It's £22 a bottle and you would need a base and top coat and also a remover (and LED lamp if you don't already have one) so it is quite an investment. Not many colours either. No nice nude other than translucent ones.

MsEllany Mon 31-Aug-20 16:03:05

EmmaStone

Yes I’ve got several of them and like them a lot. They just don’t tend to last longer than 3/4 days and that’s me being really careful. Partly it’s because my actual nails are flaky as fuck right now.

MsEllany Mon 31-Aug-20 16:04:19

damnthatanxiety

I have also been intrigued about Green Flash. It is hard to find reviews other than on their site which always leaves me suspicious. The one review I did find seemed to suggest that the product wears better than traditional varnish but not as well as actual gels. I can't find much on what the remover is made of as it is not acetone. The one review I found did say it came off really easily with the remover. It's £22 a bottle and you would need a base and top coat and also a remover (and LED lamp if you don't already have one) so it is quite an investment. Not many colours either. No nice nude other than translucent ones.

Yes this is what worries me. It’s a large layout if it’s no better than a ‘good’ polish and topcoat. I was drawn in by the milky white polish as it’s my absolute favourite - but actually, that one is just a normal polish so I might as well get the OPI one I know and love!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in